paddy no 11

That's a paddling

Post by paddy no 11 »

Yer lads were gash

2, 8, 21 good. Rest of em gash. Danty and fickou are abject
Buggaluggs

Re: That's a paddling

Post by Buggaluggs »

Nah. Jammy Ireland just got lucky. Five times.

Didn't see it all, but France did look very pedestrian and opened up too easily for at least a couple of those tries. Ireland looking in top form already.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Shaun Edwards would've been fuming seeing his defence concede five tries, and I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when he gave them his thoughts after the game.
Did they miss Dupont? Yes, without a doubt, but we now know that Lucu is not the No1 back-up scrum half. Nolan Le Garrec may only have had 10/15 minutes of game time on Friday night, but from what I saw he should start on Saturday in Edinburgh.
Other than that, Galthié probably won't make many changes, except another 2nd row to replace that clown Willemse and a bench prop for injured Wardi.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Agree on legarrec

Very disappointed for lucu he has been good for bordeaux he's better than he showed

Danty or fickou could be dropped for moefana or anyone really
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

paddy no 11 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:23 am Agree on legarrec

Very disappointed for lucu he has been good for bordeaux he's better than he showed

There are two recent former U20 centres in the squad, Emile Gailleton of Pau and Bordeaux/Bègles' Nicolas Depoortère, both of whom are very promising and one could get a place on the bench, but I agree that Danty and/or Fickou should be dropped, but Galthié is getting a reputation of being pig-headed and in spite of the opinions of his coaching team is sticking with his favourites.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

francoisfou wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:46 am

There are two recent former U20 centres in the squad, Emile Gailleton of Pau and Bordeaux/Bègles' Nicolas Depoortère, both of whom are very promising and one could get a place on the bench, but I agree that Danty and/or Fickou should be dropped, but Galthié is getting a reputation of being pig-headed and in spite of the opinions of his coaching team is sticking with his favourites.
I'm not sure Fickou did much wrong, Danty was found out defensively on a couple of occassions as I recall. Lucu was poor, Willemse lost France the game in essence with his idiotic behaviour.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Numbers wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:53 am
francoisfou wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:46 am

I'm not sure Fickou did much wrong, Danty was found out defensively on a couple of occassions as I recall. Lucu was poor, Willemse lost France the game in essence with his idiotic behaviour.
I think Ireland were in total control even before willimese red (ok he was off for 10 mins before that also!)

Fickou didn't do much wrong but it's a while since I've seen him play better than 6/10?

See dupont played 10 for toulouse at the weekend!