France v.Ireland

Spiffy

France v.Ireland

Post by Spiffy »

France provided a well-coached and hard-nosed Ireland team with a little training work out in the first game of the 6N. Record score and should have been more. Great stuff.
Banquo

Re: France v.Ireland

Post by Banquo »

murdered them at the breakdown, and France missed dupont too much.Ireland nearly flawless
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Banquo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:30 pm murdered them at the breakdown, and France missed dupont too much.Ireland nearly flawless
Cheers Banquo. Nice to see you visiting over here. Sadly, the Irish Board is dead now.
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

I thought Ireland were really impressive. I was slightly disappointed because I was hoping for a real battle to start the 6 nations but it felt very much like Ireland have France's measure. I thought the way they totally took Danty out the game was impressive and poor Luca will have nightmares about this game for a good while.

Bloody hell, Willemse is thick though. Also, no HIA for either of his victims?
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Mr Mwenda wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:50 am I thought Ireland were really impressive. I was slightly disappointed because I was hoping for a real battle to start the 6 nations but it felt very much like Ireland have France's measure. I thought the way they totally took Danty out the game was impressive and poor Luca will have nightmares about this game for a good while.

Bloody hell, Willemse is thick though. Also, no HIA for either of his victims?
Porter went off for his

Not sure who 2nd one was as the French director was acting the maggot
Skalyba

Post by Skalyba »

Ireland too good I thought, never let France settle. It looked like they had a comeback in them but just couldn't break through. Ireland clear favourites now
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:30 pm murdered them at the breakdown, and France missed dupont too much.Ireland nearly flawless
The statistic they showed about Ireland's ruck speed - 50+% in the 1-3 seconds bracket - summed up the Irish performance. Add on the quality of the decision-making (only kicking when it was right to do so, for example) and it was some performance!
Eugene Wrayburn

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

Yeeeeeeooooooow!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

NS. Gone but not forgotten.