UKHamlet
Site Admin

Ireland

Post by UKHamlet »

:shock:
Sandydragon

Re: Ireland

Post by Sandydragon »

For what we are about to receive, Lord have mercy!
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

I think they're a bit better than us. Just a bit.
normanski

Post by normanski »

There’s nothing like a cocky and arrogant Ireland side when they have the thought at the back of their minds that they are going to kick the shite out of an inexperienced and emerging side like Wales.

Gatland has two weeks to get our mindset right. We could yet upset the Irish and we will do far better than the majority of people believe.

Even top teams have off days and this could be the weekend for Ireland have a few things go wrong.
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

normanski wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:03 pm There’s nothing like a cocky and arrogant Ireland side when they have the thought at the back of their minds that they are going to kick the shite out of an inexperienced and emerging side like Wales.

Gatland has two weeks to get our mindset right. We could yet upset the Irish and we will do far better than the majority of people believe.

Even top teams have off days and this could be the weekend for Ireland have a few things go wrong.
I want some of what you're drinking. :shock:

If we had all our missing players back I would agree but as it is, well . . . troubling the Irish would definitely be an upset. :D
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

normanski wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:03 pm There’s nothing like a cocky and arrogant Ireland side when they have the thought at the back of their minds that they are going to kick the shite out of an inexperienced and emerging side like Wales.

Ireland failed to deliver the goods at the RWC.Since then they have beaten two poor teams, so they have nothing to be cocky or arrogant about, and I don't think they are behaving in that way. Coach Farrell has a decent roster of players and has them very well coached and grounded in the tactical approach so that they all know their roles. They will certainly not be taking Wales lightly and will give them every due respect. Any side can beat any other in this competition on any given day (except perhaps poor old Italy). Looking forward to a good game.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Spiffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:28 pm

Ireland failed to deliver the goods at the RWC.Since then they have beaten two poor teams, so they have nothing to be cocky or arrogant about, and I don't think they are behaving in that way. Coach Farrell has a decent roster of players and has them very well coached and grounded in the tactical approach so that they all know their roles. They will certainly not be taking Wales lightly and will give them every due respect. Any side can beat any other in this competition on any given day (except perhaps poor old Italy). Looking forward to a good game.
I can see only one winner, this years Grand Slam Champions Ireland...