Wales v Ireland

Moderator: Sandydragon

Son of Mathonwy

Re: Wales v Ireland

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

That France - Italy result opens things up. Something to aim at with an out of sorts France next time. Of course it does increase our chances of finishing at the bottom of the table should we continue to struggle ourselves.
Son of Mathonwy

Sandydragon wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:03 pm Always the cleanest of players.
Surprised no one's talking about it. Nothing on WoL. And during the match the commentary team studiously ignored it while it was being replayed in slow-motion. You'd think the ref might have wanted a look given he stopped the match for Wales's medical team to stop the blood pouring from Winnett's head. So focused on head-on-head that a truly vicious foul might have been missed?
normanski

Post by normanski »

bruce wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:05 pm
normanski wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:14 pm
bruce wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:07 pm I'm not keen on Assirati but then I look on the bench and see Dillon Lewis... Hopefully Adam Jones has done some work with and improved him.
He did win a scrum penalty against Porter and we didn’t move backwards while he was on. It looks like Adam is fixing a few technical problems he had in his game.
Then he goes and waves the Irish lad across the line for the last try.
To be fair to him, Jenkins was flying sideways and fell at Lewis’s feet stopping him from making a tackle.
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

The Irish press are beginning to sound like the English. Their latest according to WOL is they reckon Wales will never win another championship because Ireland are so far ahead.

I love this kind of hubris. They should remind themselves of what happened to England after 2003. Not immediately but the decline from world beaters to talent wasters didn't take long. I give them five years once Farrell leaves.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

UKHamlet wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:40 pm The Irish press are beginning to sound like the English. Their latest according to WOL is they reckon Wales will never win another championship because Ireland are so far ahead.

I love this kind of hubris. They should remind themselves of what happened to England after 2003. Not immediately but the decline from world beaters to talent wasters didn't take long. I give them five years once Farrell leaves.
Even Irish rugby fans do not like the Irish press, Hammy. The whole business is Dublin/Leinster-centric and many of the writers are of poor and short sighted quality.
Agree with you that these things are cyclic, and Ireland just happen to be lucky to have a decent crop of players and a good coach at the moment.
Your five years is actually pretty generous. I'd take it.
Son of Mathonwy

Spiffy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:08 pm
UKHamlet wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:40 pm The Irish press are beginning to sound like the English. Their latest according to WOL is they reckon Wales will never win another championship because Ireland are so far ahead.

Even Irish rugby fans do not like the Irish press, Hammy. The whole business is Dublin/Leinster-centric and many of the writers are of poor and short sighted quality.
Agree with you that these things are cyclic, and Ireland just happen to be lucky to have a decent crop of players and a good coach at the moment.
Hilarious. We won the 6N three years ago and now we'll never win it again? :lol:
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:25 am
Spiffy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:08 pm

Hilarious. We won the 6N three years ago and now we'll never win it again? :lol:
Journalists getting excited. Used to be the English who got carried away. I remember English press stating that England needed to play (:ewith France) against Australia, Newzealand and South Africe in a new competitiion because the celts just werent strogn enough. That argument didnt last long afer 2003.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

I think we can safely say the standard of Journalism throughout the countries is dismal and as this is from the fail website they are bound to have taken the bits that suit their half arsed narrative.

I'm generally annoyed by the inclusion of Mark Pougatch to the ITV coverage, the bloke doesn't have a clue.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

bout 2 months for england