Apology for absence

Moderator: Sandydragon

Graigwen

Apology for absence

Post by Graigwen »

I am very sorry that I have been absent from the Board for so long. This was due to the long terminal illness and eventual death of my younger brother.

We had watched the 6N together for at least the past thirty years, so this years 6N feels very odd.

On the rugby front, 3 losses does not seen that bad, as we are obviously building for the future.
Son of Mathonwy

Re: Apology for absence

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Really sorry to hear about your brother.

Great to have you back - no apology needed! :)
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Sorry for your loss.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Graigwen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:29 am I am very sorry that I have been absent from the Board for so long. This was due to the long terminal illness and eventual death of my younger brother.

We had watched the 6N together for at least the past thirty years, so this years 6N feels very odd.

On the rugby front, 3 losses does not seen that bad, as we are obviously building for the future.
Mate, welcome back and Im really sorry to hear about your brother.
normanski

Post by normanski »

It must be hard losing a younger sibling, especially over the last remaining months of a terminal illness. It’s good to have you back.
newgalesurf

Post by newgalesurf »

No apology needed. Welcome back and sorry for your loss

Come enjoy the France game here with whoever is around at the time :D
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

Graigwen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:29 am I am very sorry that I have been absent from the Board for so long. This was due to the long terminal illness and eventual death of my younger brother.

I'm very sorry to hear of your brother's passing, Graigwen. My sincerest condolences.
pompey-zebra

Post by pompey-zebra »

Sorry to hear about your brother, Graigwen, my sympathy to you and your family.
Tuco Ramirez

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Take it easy mate
bruce

Post by bruce »

Condolences G, good to have you back.
Graigwen

Post by Graigwen »

Thank you all for your king thoughts. I am now in a much more positive frame of mind having been through some kind of catharsis. What follows is not a plea for more sympathy but a record of facts, in case it helps anyone in a similar situation.

While my brother was dying I was diagnosed as autistic (which I already knew about) and suffering from PTSD (a surprise) as a result of not coming to terms with the deaths of my two wives. So altogether I was a real mess.

My redemption was through a long period of obsessive 14 hour a day research which so far this year has yielded 25,000 words of historical and socio-geographic write ups. Now I am onto the fun stuff and will be able to make a worthwhile published contribution to our knowledge of Wales.

So if you want to know anything about caprock collapse dolines in Torfaen, I am the man to ask!

We have a chance against France. Not much of a chance but at least not 0%. It was a bit depressing last night to see Ospreys throw away a game they could have won. The basic problem was not so much the scrum as their inability to pass accurately or even catch the ball.

Cheers folks.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Graigwen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:07 am Thank you all for your king thoughts. I am now in a much more positive frame of mind having been through some kind of catharsis. What follows is not a plea for more sympathy but a record of facts, in case it helps anyone in a similar situation.

While my brother was dying I was diagnosed as autistic (which I already knew about) and suffering from PTSD (a surprise) as a result of not coming to terms with the deaths of my two wives. So altogether I was a real mess.

My redemption was through a long period of obsessive 14 hour a day research which so far this year has yielded 25,000 words of historical and socio-geographic write ups. Now I am onto the fun stuff and will be able to make a worthwhile published contribution to our knowledge of Wales.

So if you want to know anything about caprock collapse dolines in Torfaen, I am the man to ask!

We have a chance against France. Not much of a chance but at least not 0%. It was a bit depressing last night to see Ospreys throw away a game they could have won. The basic problem was not so much the scrum as their inability to pass accurately or even catch the ball.

Cheers folks.
We definitely have a chance. And your research sounds interesting. I’ve been doing a load of genealogy myself; we all need a hobby!