The reddest red I've ever seen

Moderator: Sandydragon

UKHamlet
Site Admin

The reddest red I've ever seen

Post by UKHamlet »

This dick deserves a life ban. A blow like that could cause brain damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/s/nBB9llIDuQ
Which Tyler

Re: The reddest red I've ever seen

Post by Which Tyler »

That's bad. But the reddest red?
McRae vs O'Gara?
Manu on Ashton?
This one from league?

This one from France?
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

Back of the head. That kind of blow can cause life changing trauma. It's banned in most martial arts with good reason.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

UKHamlet wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:05 pm This dick deserves a life ban. A blow like that could cause brain damage.

That is totally irresponsible and dangerous and deserves a very long ban. Worse than other red cards, feels like a race to the bottom with that. They are all common in being undeniably red, without the ambiguity of a tackle that would have been fine an inch lower, or at least not a red.

The throat punch one is inexcusable and could have caused very serious injury.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

UKHamlet wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:05 pm This dick deserves a life ban. A blow like that could cause brain damage.

The kiwi scumbag hooker who punched bradley davies from behind was 10 times worse than that.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

paddy no 11 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 am

The kiwi scumbag hooker who punched bradley davies from behind was 10 times worse than that.
And not forgetting Kobus Weiss’ entry into this dubious top 10.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Sandydragon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm

I'd like a special note for consistent dedication to red card offences for Corne Krige's 2002 effort against England where he committed about 5 in the match. The days before TMO!

Puja
Backist Monk
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Didn't he get banned for, like a whole 3 matches for that? Hitting a man in the head from behind and knocking him unconscious. And obviously not even spotted during the match - man fallen down, not moving - nothing suspicious about that. Welsh players often faint for no reason when playing the All Blacks.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm

Didn't he get banned for, like a whole 3 matches for that? Hitting a man in the head from behind and knocking him unconscious. And obviously not even spotted during the match - man fallen down, not moving - nothing suspicious about that. Welsh players often faint for no reason when playing the All Blacks.
Didnt some Kiwi commentators blame Davies because he was in the way?
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Sandydragon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm

Yes and plenty of their supporters

Guscott was in the studio on BBC and he was apoplectic, I think it was Sean fitzpatrick who led the defence

That scumbag suffer for saracens attempting to kill a fella in super 14 was sickening, look that up on YouTube, think he was at the cheetahs at the time
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

paddy no 11 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:12 pm
Sandydragon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm
Yes and plenty of their supporters

Guscott was in the studio on BBC and he was apoplectic, I think it was Sean fitzpatrick who led the defence

That scumbag suffer for saracens attempting to kill a fella in super 14 was sickening, look that up on YouTube, think he was at the cheetahs at the time
Michael Rhodes on siale piutau, lucky not to break his neck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Kobus weiss and krige are excellent nominations
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

If going for the reddest of reds, and pure thuggery rather than "just" head shots - may I nominate Calum Clark on Rob Hawkins?
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Which Tyler wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:27 pm If going for the reddest of reds, and pure thuggery rather than "just" head shots - may I nominate Calum Clark on Rob Hawkins?
Was that the armbar?
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Puja wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm
Sandydragon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm

I'd like a special note for consistent dedication to red card offences for Corne Krige's 2002 effort against England where he committed about 5 in the match. The days before TMO!

Puja
Very fair point. I'm giving Weiss additional points for the cowardice of his assault, but Krige might benefit from accumulation.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

paddy no 11 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm
Which Tyler wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:27 pm If going for the reddest of reds, and pure thuggery rather than "just" head shots - may I nominate Calum Clark on Rob Hawkins?
Was that the armbar?
"I seem to be accidentally holding the elbow of a screaming opponent, I wonder what would happen if I bend if further"
And no, I've no intention of linking the video - I never want to watch that thing again
Puja

Post by Puja »

Ugh, yes. I'd managed to forget that (despite my video of it being one of the major sources of it on YouTube), but that is definitely the reddest red. A strike to the head at least has a chance of not causing long-term injury depending on luck of the draw, but that was just pure intent to maim.

Puja
Backist Monk
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Puja wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm
Ugh, yes. I'd managed to forget that (despite my video of it being one of the major sources of it on YouTube), but that is definitely the reddest red. A strike to the head at least has a chance of not causing long-term injury depending on luck of the draw, but that was just pure intent to maim.

Puja
The police should get involved for some of these things. Some of them look like GBH to me.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

[you-tube][/you-tube]
Puja

Post by Puja »

paddy no 11 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 pm [you-tube][/you-tube]
Jesus H Fuck! I don't know whether that's as intentional as the Clark one on Hawkins, but that gets extra points for being one trapped leg away from being fatal.

Full marks to Piutau for some exceptionally effusive vengeance punches though. Excellent connection to a fully deserved target.

Puja
Backist Monk
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Puja wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm
Jesus H Fuck! I don't know whether that's as intentional as the Clark one on Hawkins, but that gets extra points for being one trapped leg away from being fatal.

Full marks to Piutau for some exceptionally effusive vengeance punches though. Excellent connection to a fully deserved target.

Puja
Agree wholeheartedly
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Puja wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm

Puja
Amen to that. That could so easily have been a fatality.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm
Puja wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm

Puja
The police should get involved for some of these things. Some of them look like GBH to me.
Gouging has always been my personal hate. The only time I got a straight red was for reacting to being gouged and it was utterly worth a red card to nut the idiot who did it to me. SO easy to cause long term damage and its incredibly cowardly.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Personal story time - earlier this season we were playing the team top of our table (this being a very, very long way down the pyramid - we're a 3rds team). They were very motivated, as a win would see them guaranteed promotion, but their tighthead took things too far. From the first scrum, he broke his outside bind and sent 4-5 punches into our loosehead. Now, I don't like a punch up personally, but if you're going to do it, at least have the minerals to go face to face, not throwing cheap shots when your target has his arms bound.

He did this for the next three scrums, and then dragged one of our young players from a ruck by the neck. Our captain went over and requested firmly that he cut it out, only for the fucker to headbutt him. Unfortunately, the referee turned around just in time to see Liam land his retaliatory punch and it was us that went down to 14.

The opposition took the dirty fucker off as a substitution at that point and we assumed they'd done it as a gesture because they'd seen he had lost control. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a poor assumption - he came back on in the second half and broke someone's neck by catching him lying prone at the back of a ruck after the ball had gone, and dropping his entire weight knee-first onto the back of his neck. I will note for clarity - without any provocation or any benefit to his team, the ball had long since gone and Kev was lying face down winded.

He was taken away by his own team and substituted again, this time permanently, before anyone could get to him. His picture has been sent to our second XV who play in the league that his team've just been promoted to, mind, so he'll get a reception if he plays.

The thing that annoys me the most is that, when we cited him, his club defended him in the hearing, lying through their teeth that there'd been no trouble in the game except for Liam's "entirely unprovoked" punch, and their tighthead hadn't even thrown a punch let alone hospitalised someone. They must know who they're playing with - how can you condone that? How can you share a pitch with it? It's not as though we're competing for high level trophies either - this is social rugby at near the very bottom of the pyramid!

Kev is okay (for certain values), just to let you know - not paralysed, but in a neck brace and awaiting further investigations to see how bad it is. But that's the reddest red I've personally seen.

Puja
Backist Monk
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Puja wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 pm Personal story time - earlier this season we were playing the team top of our table (this being a very, very long way down the pyramid - we're a 3rds team). They were very motivated, as a win would see them guaranteed promotion, but their tighthead took things too far. From the first scrum, he broke his outside bind and sent 4-5 punches into our loosehead. Now, I don't like a punch up personally, but if you're going to do it, at least have the minerals to go face to face, not throwing cheap shots when your target has his arms bound.

He did this for the next three scrums, and then dragged one of our young players from a ruck by the neck. Our captain went over and requested firmly that he cut it out, only for the fucker to headbutt him. Unfortunately, the referee turned around just in time to see Liam land his retaliatory punch and it was us that went down to 14.

The opposition took the dirty fucker off as a substitution at that point and we assumed they'd done it as a gesture because they'd seen he had lost control. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a poor assumption - he came back on in the second half and broke someone's neck by catching him lying prone at the back of a ruck after the ball had gone, and dropping his entire weight knee-first onto the back of his neck. I will note for clarity - without any provocation or any benefit to his team, the ball had long since gone and Kev was lying face down winded.

He was taken away by his own team and substituted again, this time permanently, before anyone could get to him. His picture has been sent to our second XV who play in the league that his team've just been promoted to, mind, so he'll get a reception if he plays.

The thing that annoys me the most is that, when we cited him, his club defended him in the hearing, lying through their teeth that there'd been no trouble in the game except for Liam's "entirely unprovoked" punch, and their tighthead hadn't even thrown a punch let alone hospitalised someone. They must know who they're playing with - how can you condone that? How can you share a pitch with it? It's not as though we're competing for high level trophies either - this is social rugby at near the very bottom of the pyramid!

Kev is okay (for certain values), just to let you know - not paralysed, but in a neck brace and awaiting further investigations to see how bad it is. But that's the reddest red I've personally seen.

Puja
Yeah it's shocking, some people actually play rugby just to hurt people, no club should tolerate it.