Banquo

Leinster v Saints

Post by Banquo »

Big test for Freeman at 13 and Hendy. Shame Sleightholme not available

https://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/new ... final-side
Mikey Brown

Re: Leinster v Saints

Post by Mikey Brown »

You should be banned from creating match threads.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

LEINSTER RUGBY vs NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Investec Champions Cup, Semi-Final
Saturday 4 May, 2024
Croke Park
Kick-off: 5.30pm

15 George Furbank
14 James Ramm
13 Tommy Freeman
12 Fraser Dingwall
11 George Hendy
10 Fin Smith
9 Alex Mitchell

1 Alex Waller
2 Curtis Langdon
3 Trevor Davison
4 Alex Moon
5 Alex Coles
6 Courtney Lawes (c)
7 Sam Graham
8 Juarno Augustus

Replacements:
16 Sam Matavesi
17 Emmanuel Iyogun
18 Elliot Millar Mills
19 Temo Mayanavanua
20 Angus Scott-Young
21 Tom James
22 Tom Litchfield
23 Tom Seabrook

Not available for selection:
Callum Braley, Rory Hutchinson, Lewis Ludlam, Burger Odendaal, Tom Pearson and Ollie Sleightholme
Danno

Post by Danno »

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)

15. Ciarán Frawley (83)
14. Jordan Larmour (103)
13. Robbie Henshaw (87)
12. Jamie Osborne (42)
11. James Lowe (77)
10. Ross Byrne (157)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (137)

1. Andrew Porter (117)
2. Dan Sheehan (58)
3. Tadhg Furlong (142)
4. Ross Molony (178)
5. Joe McCarthy (31)
6. Ryan Baird (65)
7. Josh van der Flier (138)
8. Caelan Doris (78) CAPTAIN

Replacements

16. Rónan Kelleher (58)
17. Cian Healy (274)
18. Michael Ala’alatoa (66)
19. Jason Jenkins (36)
20. Jack Conan (142)
21. Luke McGrath (207)
22. Harry Byrne (65)
23. Jimmy O’Brien (76)

Referee: Mathieu Raynal (FFR)
16th man

Post by 16th man »

Irritatingly this clashes with City vs Wolves so could be hard to find a pub with it on in Manchester.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

No Keenan and no Ringrose for Leinster, two sizeable losses in a pretty packed side. No Connors who is the supposedly better breakdown threat which is an interesting call. Some heavyweight forwards on the bench mind.

Real shame Sleightholme isn't fit for this one, would have been a great chance for him to further his claim for England squad inclusion. Likewise no Ludlam and no Pearson is a big blow to the backrow for Saints.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

16th man wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:40 pm Irritatingly this clashes with City vs Wolves so could be hard to find a pub with it on in Manchester.
I've been waiting for my partner to be induced with our first child since Wednesday - now I'm almost definitely going to have a serious clash to contend with!
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:01 pm No Keenan and no Ringrose for Leinster, two sizeable losses in a pretty packed side. No Connors who is the supposedly better breakdown threat which is an interesting call. Some heavyweight forwards on the bench mind.

Real shame Sleightholme isn't fit for this one, would have been a great chance for him to further his claim for England squad inclusion. Likewise no Ludlam and no Pearson is a big blow to the backrow for Saints.
Yep losing those three does our turnover work no favours at all - Lawes is going to be busy. Interesting to see Waller over Iyogun, who seems to have been first choice of late. Experienced head being valued over youthful exuberance.

I enjoy the three Toms approach to backs cover on the bench.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:25 pm You should be banned from creating match threads.
Que? Iirc you were moaning about no team news 😂
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Adam_P wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:14 pm
16th man wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:40 pm Irritatingly this clashes with City vs Wolves so could be hard to find a pub with it on in Manchester.
I've been waiting for my partner to be induced with our first child since Wednesday - now I'm almost definitely going to have a serious clash to contend with!
I wouldn't worry, men are practically invisible on maternity wards. Take lots of snacks and keep your phone charged you might well get to watch it.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Adam_P wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:16 pm
FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:01 pm No Keenan and no Ringrose for Leinster, two sizeable losses in a pretty packed side. No Connors who is the supposedly better breakdown threat which is an interesting call. Some heavyweight forwards on the bench mind.

Yep losing those three does our turnover work no favours at all - Lawes is going to be busy. Interesting to see Waller over Iyogun, who seems to have been first choice of late. Experienced head being valued over youthful exuberance.

I enjoy the three Toms approach to backs cover on the bench.
I'm not an Alex Waller fan but he did do well in the Midlands Derby. Experienced head just to try and take the bite out of Furlong's scrum work and another leader in the park will be useful.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Huge test for Saints. Fascinating to see how they handle this and how their England players can perform.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:43 pm
I wouldn't worry, men are practically invisible on maternity wards. Take lots of snacks and keep your phone charged you might well get to watch it.
I assumed the clash would be with his partner when he turned up half cut after the match to meet his first child.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Ringrose will not be too massive a loss, given the midfield form of Osborne and Henshaw. If English fans are not too familiar with Osborne, he is a large, powerful centre with a full range of footballing skills and an absolute cannon of a left boot. Regarded by many as the next big thing in Irish rugby.
Croke Park is a bit special - big playing area with deep in-goal, a great hybrid grass/synthetic surface made for running, and a capacity of 82,000. Should be a fantastic atmosphere (though not necessarily for the Saints ;) ).
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Mellsblue wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:23 pm
FKAS wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:43 pm

I assumed the clash would be with his partner when he turned up half cut after the match to meet his first child.
:lol:

I was just presuming he'd be sneakily watching it on his phone as there can be a lot of waiting around involved.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Spiffy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:14 pm

Ringrose will not be too massive a loss, given the midfield form of Osborne and Henshaw. If English fans are not too familiar with Osborne, he is a large, powerful centre with a full range of footballing skills and an absolute cannon of a left boot. Regarded by many as the next big thing in Irish rugby.
Croke Park is a bit special - big playing area with deep in-goal, a great hybrid grass/synthetic surface made for running, and a capacity of 82,000. Should be a fantastic atmosphere (though not necessarily for the Saints ;) ).
With McCloskey heading to France in the summer Osbourne's form does suit Ireland very well and with the Ringrose injury it's helping Leinster. The production line out of the Dublin school system is something else.

I like Ringrose as a player, very composed, skillful and he punches above his weight. A leader in that Leinster side as well. Having the experience of Henshaw in the midfield definitely helps replace him though and Leinster will need that experience marshalling the defence against the Saints attack.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Banquo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:18 pm
Mikey Brown wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:25 pm You should be banned from creating match threads.
I fear any answer I give to this may be taken too seriously. I want times and team-sheets and I certainly don’t want to have to click anything.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 pm
I fear any answer I give to this may be taken too seriously. I want times and team-sheets and I certainly don’t want to have to click anything.
Full service Mikey
p/d

Post by p/d »

Mikey Brown wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 pm
Seconded.
Danno

Post by Danno »

You lazy bastard Banquo 👍
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Danno wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 am You lazy bastard Banquo 👍
That’s me 😂😂
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

KO delayed till 5.40.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Awful handling so far
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Mitchell doesn't turn and go for the intercept there and then it's a two man tackle on Lowe and he's in touch. If you go for the intercept there you have to make it.

Saints look very nervy. They need to settle.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Yep we're looking panicked every time we have ball in hand, not playing our normal game