Sale Vs Tigers - Enya Friday night lights

Moderator: Puja

FKAS

Sale Vs Tigers - Enya Friday night lights

Post by FKAS »

Sale Sharks Starting XV:  

15. Sam James, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Rob du Preez, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Tom O’Flaherty, 10. George Ford, 9. Gus Warr, 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. James Harper, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Hyron Andrews, 6. Ben Curry ©, 7. Sam Dugdale, 8. JL du Preez.  

Replacements:  

16. Agustin Creevy, 17. Si McIntyre, 18. WillGriff John, 19. Ben Bamber, 20. Ernst van Rhyn, 21. Raffi Quirke, 22. Rekeiti Ma’asi White, 23. Arron Reed.

Tigers

STARTING XV

15 Freddie Steward [86]
14 Jamie Shillcock [25]
13 Matt Scott [78]
12 Dan Kelly [79]
11 Ollie Hassell-Collins [20]
10 Handré Pollard [31]
9 Jack van Poortvliet [71]
1 Francois van Wyk [52]
2 Charlie Clare [93]
3 Dan Cole [321]
4 George Martin [64]
5 Harry Wells [197]
6 Hanro Liebenberg (C) [105]
7 Tommy Reffell [112]
8 Jasper Wiese [77]

REPLACEMENTS

16 Nic Dolly [31]
17 James Whitcombe [50]
18 Joe Heyes [139]
19 Finn Carnduff [12]
20 Olly Cracknell [41]
21 Tom Whiteley [28]
22 Phil Cokanasiga [18]
23 Solomone Kata [17]

No idea why we are persisting with the average van Wyk and the non-tackling Cokanasiga both are set to leave and we could instead give their places to Whitcombe and the kid Kinder who scored a nice try Vs the Georgian Black Lions in a friendly last Friday (got a good write up for his showing on the wing). Presumably Chessum is due a rest week and unfortunately Montoya is injured.
Epaminondas Pules

Re: Sale Vs Tigers - Enya Friday night lights

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Chessum is out for the season after surgery.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Epaminondas Pules wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 pm Chessum is out for the season after surgery.
Saw that after I posted the team, added it to the EPS thread. That's a real blow but makes sense for him to get it out the way now so that he can be back for the start of pre season. Leaves us a bit short with Cam Henderson out until the start of next season as well. Wells isn't having his best season and against the big Sale pack Young Carnduff will be up against it.
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:35 pm No idea why we are persisting with the average van Wyk and the non-tackling Cokanasiga both are set to leave and we could instead give their places to Whitcombe and the kid Kinder who scored a nice try Vs the Georgian Black Lions in a friendly last Friday (got a good write up for his showing on the wing).
Got to agree with you. This season is done for - surely it's time to bring up some of the youth products and see who's worth perservering with?

I thought Kata was supposed to be banned as well?

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:50 pm
FKAS wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:35 pm No idea why we are persisting with the average van Wyk and the non-tackling Cokanasiga both are set to leave and we could instead give their places to Whitcombe and the kid Kinder who scored a nice try Vs the Georgian Black Lions in a friendly last Friday (got a good write up for his showing on the wing).
Got to agree with you. This season is done for - surely it's time to bring up some of the youth products and see who's worth perservering with?

I thought Kata was supposed to be banned as well?

Puja
Three weeks down to two with the course. The Black Lions game counted towards the ban.

I still want us to be competitive in the last two games but we could have thrown out a couple of opportunities ahead of those two players who are both average and leaving.
Epaminondas Pules

Yeah I’d have thought a chance for Woodward maybe or as you said Kinder.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Epaminondas Pules wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:59 pm Yeah I’d have thought a chance for Woodward maybe or as you said Kinder.
Be a big ask for Woodward to roll him out opposite Manu and in a backline that has lacked continuity and an attack coach. Hopefully he gets another game or two and Notts and then next season we see more of him. Wing we are struggling for numbers, why not through in Kinder or Gourlay.
Epaminondas Pules

FKAS wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm
Epaminondas Pules wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:59 pm Yeah I’d have thought a chance for Woodward maybe or as you said Kinder.
Be a big ask for Woodward to roll him out opposite Manu and in a backline that has lacked continuity and an attack coach. Hopefully he gets another game or two and Notts and then next season we see more of him. Wing we are struggling for numbers, why not through in Kinder or Gourlay.
He’d be a sub though, and likely face Maasi-White when he replaces Manu. But I’d be happy with either to be fair.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Epaminondas Pules wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:02 am
FKAS wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm
He’d be a sub though, and likely face Maasi-White when he replaces Manu. But I’d be happy with either to be fair.
Fair, I thought you meant start him. As a replacement for Cokanasiga on the bench we lose nothing and gain someone who can at least tackle.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

You’ve got to think Illione will be considering his options.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Timbo wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:02 am You’ve got to think Illione will be considering his options.
Limped off at half time and didn't return for the second half Vs Black Lions in last week's friendly. Presume he's not available.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

The lack of the consistency on head contact is ridiculous. Cole is left clutching his jaw from Andrews flying into a breakdown off his feet and it's not even a review. OHC doesn't dip as Manu runs over him and it's yellow card. Ridiculous.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

21-15 at the half. Bit of everything in this one so far including a spell where the TMO had no replays and the camera had to keep panning to the scoreboard and clock as the graphics weren't working.

Sale lead after Charlie Clare decides to throw a ball to the tail despite the Tigers lineout having no one at the tail... Sums up the season though both sides have played some good stuff and it's been quite end to end with just a hint of niggle.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

George Martin burrows over to grab a consolation. Some of the Tigers have shown some fight amongst the turgid Tigers second half and he's one. Freddie Steward another in between having a scrap with JL Du Perez (rather him than me) and the weaving through four defenders to make a good 30m and set up the position for the Martin try.

Just way to many errors for Tigers. The Clare yellow card came from a bungled under thrown lineout 5m out from the Sale line (immense kick by Shillcock) but Sale broke and went 90m. Just shambolic with all the cutting edge of a spoon.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Carnduff was noticeable when he came on because he actually seemed to care. Not an impressive performance from McKellar's men.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:23 pm Carnduff was noticeable when he came on because he actually seemed to care. Not an impressive performance from McKellar's men.

Puja
The younger guys all put themselves about to be fair. Dan Kelly made some big hits in defence. Some of the older guys though seemed to amble through the game Wells, van Wyk and are up front. Cole too, to a degree. Cracknell off the bench was a waste of space.

Carnduff was great, looks like he'll be a regular in the 23 by the end of next season.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm The lack of the consistency on head contact is ridiculous. Cole is left clutching his jaw from Andrews flying into a breakdown off his feet and it's not even a review. OHC doesn't dip as Manu runs over him and it's yellow card. Ridiculous.
hard not to feel sorry for OHC. Gets bowled over yet cops a yellow.

I thought there were forward passes for two of the Sale tries but they didnt get a second look.

Tigers finishing the season very tamely. Sale peaking at the right time.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

fivepointer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:57 am
FKAS wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm The lack of the consistency on head contact is ridiculous. Cole is left clutching his jaw from Andrews flying into a breakdown off his feet and it's not even a review. OHC doesn't dip as Manu runs over him and it's yellow card. Ridiculous.

I thought there were forward passes for two of the Sale tries but they didnt get a second look.

Agreed.

Basically, if a player with the ball deliberately makes head contact with a defender, it is always the defender's fault as things stand.

Was the TJ up with play for the forward passes? If so was he blind? If not why no query from the TMO? Or, perhaps the officials have been on a NZ training course.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Oakboy wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:18 am
fivepointer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:57 am

Agreed.

Basically, if a player with the ball deliberately makes head contact with a defender, it is always the defender's fault as things stand.

Was the TJ up with play for the forward passes? If so was he blind? If not why no query from the TMO? Or, perhaps the officials have been on a NZ training course.
TMO was Tempest and I think he dozed through most of the game. The clear out on Cole was the biggest bit of foul play and didn't even get a review despite Cole holding his jaw, angrily confronting Andrews and then getting medical attention.