BBD
Site Admin

Re: The I'll Start a Munster Thread Before ... Thread

Post by BBD »

next year they are planning to take Duncan Weirs squad photo in Landscape mode
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

Give NASA's InSight another couple of weeks and it might be in a position to get all of Duncan Weir in a single shot.
Idle Feck
morepork

Post by morepork »

Oooohhh you little bitches.
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

show some respect, we're doing the work of at least 10 little bitches these days and Ive got my dodgy knee and Serj has his hip (theres nothing wrong with it, he just keeps putting his hand on it and beckoning passers by in what he calls a "recruitment drive"
SerjeantWildgoose

Yeah, feck aff More Pork, before we sctratch yer fecking eyes out.

And as for the recruitment drive dig, the only thing dodgy about your knees, BBLard, is the time you spend on them down at the docks!
Idle Feck
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

Ooh get her! Butter wouldn’t melt and a queue of guardsmen round the block every weekend
SerjeantWildgoose

Robbie Henshaw is out of Saturday's game having wrecked his knee in Bilbao. Andrew Conway is still uncertain for us, as is Dunc, but Jaco, Chris, John Ryan, Niall and Brian Scott are all possibles.

They've stuck another 600-odd seats in ta the RDs, which brings its capacity up to about 620. I hope te feck the Ladyboys are still on the lash.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Idle Feck
morepork

Post by morepork »

Is that the pub Communist party?
SerjeantWildgoose

'cept for them Green Party hoores in the yellow jackets.

Shyte old day.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Ah Jaysus, Paddy. We’d need to batten down the hatches. Well beaten in the last quarter today and it just might be enough to tempt Hellov back in!
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Not sure how you got the wrong end of the stick sarge but I'm a limerick fanatic and I'm heading to pairc you chaoimh to roast them cork feckers Saturday!
SerjeantWildgoose

Ah Jaysus! There's the very foundations of my belief system crumbled. I'll wish ye luck agin the Rebs, but that's the end of it.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Good start for Darren and nice to see Mike Sherry get over for a brace. Pity we got sloppy and leaked a couple of tries at the end; it gave the scoreboard a tightness that the balance of the game didn't match.

The 3G pitch didn't seem to play too great a part in proceedings, but that's hardly surprising since the mobile reception down in Cork is shyte.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

... and just for Paddy ...

GWAN YE SHANNONSIDE HOORES!!!!!
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Well now, despite the tour, a superb hurling championship with an even more superb outcome and The Sam still to go tomorrow, it’s been a long time coming and we start the season with the prospect of having to get all the way to Christmas without Conor to steer us into Europe.

Lots of new faces lining out today. There were almost as many old Munster hands on the park in Pau as there will be at Thomond Park this evening.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Cheetahs look a very dull shadow of the side that finished third in the conference last season. They’ve lost a lot of key staff over the summer and it shows. Looks like they’ll have to rely on the High Veldt again.

Good shifts from our new boys, but Killer, Klein, Scannell, TOD and Sweetnam were the stand out lads.

Premier Sports coverage was fecking dismal.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

First things first; that was an awesome 1st half from the Neds and they deserved their 22-point lead going in at the break.

But feck me that was as bad a 1st half as Munster have turned out for a good while. Arno didn’t seem to know what he was about at the back of the scrum and John Ryan continues to struggle at the set piece. Not sure what was said at the half, but it was a different side that started the 2nd 40.

Fineen didn’t do much wrong, knock on aside, coming on for Billy; and Dunc got things shifting having come on for Neil (Hope the shoulder’s OK). But the major changes were the introduction of Stevie, Tadhg and ROGII. THhe scrum settled and the backs started to get a bit of forward shift. And despite coming up short we stopped them getting the try BP - and brilliant to see Jaco back and looking fit and powerful.
Idle Feck
ARM

Post by ARM »

Good first half from the Weeg. Kebble and Brown make a huge difference to our scrum.

Think we got a bit lucky the TMO couldn’t find footage of the Gibbins clear out in first half as it looked borderline in real time and you know what the result is these days if it’s a shoulder charge.

Munster much better in the second half.
SerjeantWildgoose

Heading south to watch us hump the bejaysus out of Ulster's unbeaten start to the season. Great to see Niall and Keith back and starting.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Ouch! All records aside (Highest number of tries, biggest winning margin for Munster; biggest losing margin fo Ulster) it was great to see our forwards and backs with their heads up yesterday. The cry of, “You can only beat what’s in front of you” seems bollocks when you can actually go one further and thrash the shyte out of them. I’m not sure that injury-riddled Ulster had many options but I’m equally sure that such an emphatic win had very little by way of value going in to the next three weekends. Still ... hahahahahahahaaaaaah!
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Unky bawb, mcshinner, eugene wrayburn......your boys took one hell of a beating
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

paddy no 11 wrote:Unky bawb, mcshinner, eugene wrayburn......your boys took one hell of a beating
Yes. It's a reality check. We still have no depth in the squad. That was painful for an Ulster fan.
SerjeantWildgoose

I managed a few sympathetic words with Mincer and Gusher at full time. Paddy wasn’t for talking and McNeily just said it was disgraceful. I tried to suggest that injuries last weekend and in the first half pretty well stripped them out and it was far from being a disgrace - but he wouldn’t have it. I’d sack the doddery aul wanker.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Now, confession time. Purely out of habit we headed to Galway on the M6 yesterday and then cut across country via Borrisokane and Neanagh. Mrs WG chose to stop for soopanasamidge at ...

... fecking Birr!!!!!!!!

‘‘Twas delicious, so t’was.
Idle Feck