The I'll Start a Munster Thread Before ... Thread

paddy no 11

Re: The I'll Start a Munster Thread Before ... Thread

Post by paddy no 11 »

Munster still a lot to prove, Ulster ruined by injuries and no depth wouldn't say was a disgrace at all, front row problems last year not sorted
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Now, confession time. Purely out of habit we headed to Galway on the M6 yesterday and then cut across country via Borrisokane and Neanagh. Mrs WG chose to stop for soopanasamidge at ...

... fecking Birr!!!!!!!!

‘‘Twas delicious, so t’was.
It's almost worth an Ulster humping to know that you spent a lunchtime there. I wish you a timely recovery.
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

I am also depressed to report that the first ever All-Ireland Hurling final took place in the town (Apparently in the Tesco car park). With the castle, Demesne, telescope and now this Birr would appear to be a decidedly more interesting hole than Antrim or Dromore for example. I have felt a disturbing shift in the tectonic plates of fecking awfulness.
Idle Feck
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

That was a public information announcement on behalf of the Birr Tourist Board....and now on with our scheduled programme, "Wildgoose at Large" this week Mr and Mrs Wildgoose visit a cesspit museum in Calcutta
SerjeantWildgoose

I tell ye, Dom, it has been quite the weekend. I was at the October Fair in Ballinasloe yesterday. Quite a cornucopia of horse and gypsy woman flesh. Judith Chalmers never crammed this much in to a report.
Idle Feck
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

Five horses bought, a caravan sold that wasn't yours, 15 offers of a fight, two offers of marriage and a share in a lurcher who just cant lose due to a diet of kebabs and Epsom salts
mcshinnertheligind

Post by mcshinnertheligind »

BBD wrote:Five horses bought, a caravan sold that wasn't yours, 15 offers of a fight, two offers of marriage and a share in a lurcher who just cant lose due to a diet of kebabs and Epsom salts
Your average Friday night in normanton
Wibble
SerjeantWildgoose

Looking like it’ll be a sell out at the Bed Pan on Saturday. Not bad given that it’ll likely be The Ladyboy 3rd XV vs Munster Imports.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Bookies have a 7-point spread for Leinster. I might have had a bite at that were I a betting man.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

What's the point in watching a professional game where ref touch judge and tmo cost a 21 point turnaround

Archer ffd
SerjeantWildgoose

Archer was daft; but everyone does it, they just do it better.

The call on Keith's yellow was a bit tough and based on the miniscule margins that can only be seen when the TMO slows the action down. Even with the TMO Owens would not have given that as either a penalty try or a yellow card. But people might cry that he holds an irrevocable bias towards Munster and I am prepared to let it go.

The touch judge's call on the knock on in the tackle was just plain wrong and we could see that it was plainly wrong on the replay. It cost us a try under the posts but you can understand how he might get the call wrong in the instant he had to see it. But the TMO will surely have seen it was wrong so why, given that play had stopped, did he not bring it to the attention of the ref and have the play restarted with a Munster scrum instead?

However, neither Owens nor any other ref I know would have allowed a third scrum penalty infringement beneath Leinster's posts to go unpunished. That, I feel was by far the greater error by the officials and the one that cost us the game. A penalty try and a yellow at that point would have put us 5 points behind with 10 to go against 14 men.

And Lowe is a bit of a cunt. Brilliant, but a bit of a cunt.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Agree but the blatantly forward pass before the earls incident should have meant that wasn't even looked at. The days of being one eyed are over but you'd have to be dead inside not to feel robbed by that.

Roll on exeter be a good contest
SerjeantWildgoose

Well, with the exception of 9/21 I'd say we have as strong a 23 out today as we've fielded for some time. Still see us coming up short against Exeter but as always with Europe, if we can come away with something and deny them the BP it will set us up well for a big show-down in TP in January. I fecking love Heineken weekends, so I do.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Well tickle me arse with an Exeter fan’s hat! I’d have happily taken that result 10 minutes before kick-off, but now feel we let it slip. Dominated possession and territory in both halves and really should have kicked on and won it. And Dunc was fecking awesome.
Idle Feck
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

Exactly, I was pessimistic about our chances and at 10 all with 20 to go and the wind in their faces I was convinced we were going to do it, to see Joey nearly kick it away at the end was a horrific thing to do. Dunc showed he was a class act, ok, so he's not Connor Murray, but then neither are you and neither is anyone else. I was disappointed we didn't take the win, but that said whilst we gained 2 points, Exeter, the favourites for the group lost 2
Its as close to a win as you get without actually doing it.
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

ps I also love European weekends - its the only time I get to watch Irish sides these days since Sky decided to overpay for football and rugby could go feck itself
SerjeantWildgoose

Ah the number of ops tours that I've managed to get through because of European r*gby weekends. Bosnia 2004-5 was one of those miserable tours where feck all is happening but you have to be there because you being there is the only thing stopping them from butchering each other. Weekends in Sarajevo (Butmir) started with the Friday evening game and a couple of quiet beers; Saturdays, half day finishing at 12:30 would see the Brits, French, Italians and Irish gathering in the UK National Support Element bar (The Bulldog) which was built out of a few ISO containers and we wouldn't disperse until the early hours having rendered ourselves absolutely spasticated in front of SKY Sports which was carried by our Forces Broadcasting Service (None of the others had it and they were too tight to cough up for satellite TV). By the time of the Knock out stages word had spread so thoroughly that on most Saturdays the place was bunged (We made an absolute mint across the bar) with Greeks, Spaniards, Bulgarians, Romanians (Great fun keeping them apart when drink was taken) and the token Argentinian. The only people who didn't tend to come along were the Americans who have a no-alcohol policy when deployed and a no-fun policy generally.

The Yanks did get aboard the 2009 6Ns which I watched courtesy of South Africa's SuperSports coverage while utterly minging in Liberia.

2010 was The DRC and 2014/5 Mali. European r*gby made all of them bearable.
Idle Feck
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Ah the number of ops tours that I've managed to get through because of European r*gby weekends. Bosnia 2004-5 was one of those miserable tours where feck all is happening but you have to be there because you being there is the only thing stopping them from butchering each other. Weekends in Sarajevo (Butmir) started with the Friday evening game and a couple of quiet beers; Saturdays, half day finishing at 12:30 would see the Brits, French, Italians and Irish gathering in the UK National Support Element bar (The Bulldog) which was built out of a few ISO containers and we wouldn't disperse until the early hours having rendered ourselves absolutely spasticated in front of SKY Sports which was carried by our Forces Broadcasting Service (None of the others had it and they were too tight to cough up for satellite TV). By the time of the Knock out stages word had spread so thoroughly that on most Saturdays the place was bunged (We made an absolute mint across the bar) with Greeks, Spaniards, Bulgarians, Romanians (Great fun keeping them apart when drink was taken) and the token Argentinian. The only people who didn't tend to come along were the Americans who have a no-alcohol policy when deployed and a no-fun policy generally.

The Yanks did get aboard the 2009 6Ns which I watched courtesy of South Africa's SuperSports coverage while utterly minging in Liberia.

2010 was The DRC and 2014/5 Mali. European r*gby made all of them bearable.
Mandear Sarge you have been in some powerful depressing places. A few sound almost as miserable as a certain spot located close to the geographical centre of Ireland.
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

ffs, dont bring it up, you know he gets flashbacks of the telescope
SerjeantWildgoose

Its the fecking Lariam!!!
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Ha!!! Rory ye fecking beauty!
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Quality kick
SerjeantWildgoose

... and the boy does it again. Grubby, but well-fought win up on the high veldt.

Interesting listening to Mitrea's ref-mic. There are times when this bloke impresses me as one of the very best things to come out of Italian r*gby and yesterday's very candid eavesdropping on his conversations was quite enlightening. I like to think that it was him sucking air from Calabria, but suspect that the background noise was mostly Stevie Archer.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

https://munsterrugby.ie/report/report-m ... -leinster/

Best Christmas pressie for fecking years! Them Ladyboys were awful grumpy in the first half.

Unbeaten at home in 2018.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Nice to win one with a bit of agro, nice touch to finally see sexton penalised for his never ending petulance hopefully 6n refs don't take any sh*t from him either