The I'll Start a Munster Thread Before ... Thread

SerjeantWildgoose

Re: The I'll Start a Munster Thread Before ... Thread

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

To be honest he should have seen a card for the incident with Fineen; ripping the scrum cap off is probably enough to warrant a card but throwing it in the bloke's face suggests a loss of control that deserves a sit down on the naughty step. His behaviour towards Joey during the melee following the Conor high-tackle was also worthy of sanction. However, I am prepared to concede that Fineen gave as good as he got and Joey can take solace in another faultless performance off the tee and, at the end of the day, a worthy win.

Nice touch from Cian on his yellow, sadly almost obscured by Sexton's whingeing for a reversal of the penalty. Not many of those in blue came out of the evening with much by way of credit; not many of them came out as soiled as Jonny.
Idle Feck
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:To be honest he should have seen a card for the incident with Fineen; ripping the scrum cap off is probably enough to warrant a card but throwing it in the bloke's face suggests a loss of control that deserves a sit down on the naughty step. His behaviour towards Joey during the melee following the Conor high-tackle was also worthy of sanction. However, I am prepared to concede that Fineen gave as good as he got and Joey can take solace in another faultless performance off the tee and, at the end of the day, a worthy win.

Nice touch from Cian on his yellow, sadly almost obscured by Sexton's whingeing for a reversal of the penalty. Not many of those in blue came out of the evening with much by way of credit; not many of them came out as soiled as Jonny.
Any bloke called Fineen Wycherley should really be playing for Ireland, no matter how good/bad he is.
That name alone has a ring to it that deserves a squad place.
Sure and beejabers, mandear, and sowl sorr, was himself not in the Quiet Man at all, at all, havin a bit of an oul poke at yer man there?
SerjeantWildgoose

Conor is steering this superbly. Good, relentless pressure when the chances come. Who needs fancy dan stuff.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

We're half daycent again, it's official looking forward to a tasty qf now
SerjeantWildgoose

We’re as daycent as we’ve been for a daycent while, right enough. The daycent lazy man’s cash would be on a QF against Embra.
Idle Feck
mcshinnertheligind

Post by mcshinnertheligind »

4/4 masters of the tayto's
Regards
Darth
Wibble
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

mcshinnertheligind wrote:4/4 masters of the tayto's
Regards
Darth
Also Edinburgh just humped Toulon and Scarlets did the same to Leicester.
Who TF do these upstarts from that pokey little Pro 14 League think they are?
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

mcshinnertheligind wrote:4/4 masters of the tayto's
Regards
Darth
You're not my real dad!
SerjeantWildgoose

Everyone knows he’s a fake dad brought in to divert attention from the Duke of Edinburgh’s midnight excursions up the M62
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

POM! Only bloke I know who can use a sprung rib to gain an extra few inches in the line out.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

GWAN BOYS!
Idle Feck
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Do the winners or losers come to Murrayfield?
SerjeantWildgoose

Winners. Losers go out.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Praberly. If Leinster lose and Toulouse win I think you host Leinster.
Idle Feck
morepork

Post by morepork »

Exeter were a trifle pig-headed, no? Why didn't they take the points knowing their lineout is total poose?

Out of interest, does Albi ever start ahead of Connor, and if so, is it the same box kick-based territory game plan?
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Can't see Leinster losing.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

An actual certifiable act of insanity from Exeter not to kick the penalty to go 10-6 up when winning the dog fight

Beirne and then holland turned the game

Albi is no 2 morepork but isn't as far behind Murray as commentators would say, good to raise tempo
morepork

Post by morepork »

paddy no 11 wrote:An actual certifiable act of insanity from Exeter not to kick the penalty to go 10-6 up when winning the dog fight

Albi is no 2 morepork but isn't as far behind Murray as commentators would say, good to raise tempo
Ta. The plastic Irish TJ Perenara to the actual Irish Aron Smith. Halfback is such a significant variable in today’s game. Exeter totally shat the bed there. Nowt to do with scarier carriers either.
SerjeantWildgoose

paddy no 11 wrote:An actual certifiable act of insanity from Exeter not to kick the penalty to go 10-6 up when winning the dog fight

Not sure you can classify it as that; I said to my son before kick off that we should expect The Chiefs to put every penalty into the corner. A win, albeit a distinct rarity for European visitors to TP, wasn't enough for them to get out of the group; they needed to win by 4 match points. They either needed to deny us the losing BP or score 4 tries of their own. It never looked like being the sort of game where 3-pointers would be enough to open up the necessary gap.

I think that Exeter came with the right game plan, and to their due credit stuck with it. The days of arrogant English champions rocking up in Limerick with lunatic expectations may not be gone, but Exeter could not be put in that bracket yesterday. That they went to the corners rather than the posts is a mark of the respect that they attach to us; that is what they had to do to best us in the group. And I for one respect them for coming here with that mindset.

But it does add more and more to the incredible significance of Tadgh's day, the massive defensive performances of Jean and CJ and Billy's contribution when he came on. I also asked my son if it would have been wrong to give Billy MOTM for a 15-minute shift.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

I disagree you can't win with a bonus point if you don't win the match. Go 10 6 up and really soe the seeds of doubt into Munster, make our every mistake a compound error instead we were never punished on the scoreboard when we were out of it
SerjeantWildgoose

Horses for courses, Paddy. Had the roles been reversed I would say we would have kicked every chance we got at goal and trusted to our strength in defence. Exeter don’t play that way. They hold the ball, build with patience and they score tries. And imagine the dent in our confidence if they had been half way to a try BP by half time?

I don’t think we managed to beat a team that fecked up their game plan yesterday. We had a less than brilliant day at the coal face and still managed to get past a good team that played well.
Idle Feck
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

You see they wouldn't have to imagine if they kicked a simple pen, it would have been a real tangible thing!

That's enough rug*y for now
SerjeantWildgoose

More r*gby than’s been spewed in here for donkeys. I feel quite soiled.
Idle Feck
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:

Not sure you can classify it as that; I said to my son before kick off that we should expect The Chiefs to put every penalty into the corner. A win, albeit a distinct rarity for European visitors to TP, wasn't enough for them to get out of the group; they needed to win by 4 match points. They either needed to deny us the losing BP or score 4 tries of their own. It never looked like being the sort of game where 3-pointers would be enough to open up the necessary gap.

I think that Exeter came with the right game plan, and to their due credit stuck with it. The days of arrogant English champions rocking up in Limerick with lunatic expectations may not be gone, but Exeter could not be put in that bracket yesterday. That they went to the corners rather than the posts is a mark of the respect that they attach to us; that is what they had to do to best us in the group. And I for one respect them for coming here with that mindset.

But it does add more and more to the incredible significance of Tadgh's day, the massive defensive performances of Jean and CJ and Billy's contribution when he came on. I also asked my son if it would have been wrong to give Billy MOTM for a 15-minute shift.

As long as he remembers to empty your bag regularly and put that blanket over your knees, your son can do no wrong