England V Holland

WaspInWales

England V Holland

Post by WaspInWales »

Not as good a performance as against Germany.

The Dutch have just gone 2-1 up thanks to a very controversial goal. Jagielka clearly taken out by an illegal barge. As Hoddle pointed out, if that was defender on attacker in the penalty area, it's a penalty.

Just moments before the ref gives the Dutch a free kick after Depay goes down under the weight of a hand on his shoulder so why on earth he lets Janssen smash the fwck out of Jags, I'll never know?!
mightyreturns

Re: England V Holland

Post by mightyreturns »

Poor display against a weak dutch side. England put out a weak side as well(Milner as captain sheesh). Holland's winner should never have stood, but when you huff n puff like England did all match, you always put yourself at risk of a snatch and grab raid(that's what the dutch done).

Only a friendly, but a poor showing.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Milner complaining about the penalty given against us. Can't see why, it was bloody clear cut definite pen.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Lee Dixon and Rooney also think the penalty decision was poor. Rose put his hand to the ball ffs!
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

An unlucky pen. I thought he was trying to pull his hand away from the ball, rather than to deflect it, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I missed the second Dutch goal, I'd fallen asleep by then.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

UKHamlet wrote:An unlucky pen. I thought he was trying to pull his hand away from the ball, rather than to deflect it, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I missed the second Dutch goal, I'd fallen asleep by then.
He may have been trying to move his hand away from the ball but in doing so, he put his hand exactly where the ball went. Definite pen.

Second Dutch goal was a travesty. Jagielka was forcibly barged off the ball with contact made on his back. He was sent flying. It just makes a mockery of decisions that refs give when there's little contact.

Not quite sure how we managed to let that game slip away with nearly 70% possession!