Micks V Taffs

normanski

Micks V Taffs

Post by normanski »

Does anyone post new topics on this board anymore?

I thought I might get a discussion going for the upcoming Wales match.

I like your lively IC and he seems to have formed a solid partnership with Henshaw. Could be a blow to your championship hopes?

Will Furlong make it?

Wales to pull off a narrow win!!
SerjeantWildgoose

Re: Micks V Taffs

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

We like to keep it tidy, Big Fella. New threads just mess the place up and drag in unwanted foreign types.

But since you're here...

Aki 'lively'? Is that a euphemism? He is a big aul bruiser of sorts, with a nippy turn of pace, good acceleration and quick feet. Not renowned for his passing but he'll run through a wall if needed. The loss of Henshaw is sad, but since we came into the Championship with the shortest injury list and bragging of our strength in depth, I wouldn't judge it as a critical blow to our hopes. We have Farrell who is another big-tackling, hard running ball carrier and if Joe wants to throw in a few options there is Scannell - both are back to their best in Munster jerseys. I would also argue that Darren Cave is having quite a purple patch in terms of his form at Ulster and all of this before we even begin to think of tipping Ringrose back into the pot.

The loss of Furlong would put a larger dent in our challenge, but I wouldn't write him off yet and even if he doesn't make it for Wales' visit, Porter showed he's well-up to the challenge and there is John Ryan for the bench with Stevie Archer as (a probably better) back up.

Can't see that we've been fatally wounded and we haven't lost a 6Ns game in Dublin in 5 years; I don't see it happening in the next few weeks.
Idle Feck
normanski

Post by normanski »

Thanks for that. I’ll know not to start a new thread on here again!

Your strength in depth is impressive and hopefully we can match that with some of our returning Lions.

Just think the try that never was has now been admitted by World Rugby as being perfectly sound and should have been allowed. If it had, I think we could have gone on to have won the game and in two we could have been playing you for the Championship decider!
SerjeantWildgoose

It was a try, right enough Normie, but there's little point crying over it now. Glenn Newman should be required to account for his error and if appropriate removed from the panel - but that will do feck all to change the outcome from Twickenham.

I still think that there are plenty of potential pitfalls for those who are presumed to be playing out the next few weeks in an inevitable prelude to a grand slam decider at Twickenham on Paddy's Day. I think its a feck of a sight closer than anyone thinks and I don't think there is a grand slam in it for anyone this year.
Idle Feck
normanski

Post by normanski »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:It was a try, right enough Normie, but there's little point crying over it now. Glenn Newman should be required to account for his error and if appropriate removed from the panel - but that will do feck all to change the outcome from Twickenham.

I still think that there are plenty of potential pitfalls for those who are presumed to be playing out the next few weeks in an inevitable prelude to a grand slam decider at Twickenham on Paddy's Day. I think its a feck of a sight closer than anyone thinks and I don't think there is a grand slam in it for anyone this year.
You’re right, there’s a long way to go yet and England could stumble (like 1990) when both teams were going for a grand slam and the Murrayfield effect gave David Sole and his side the winning edge. Especially after last Sunday’s Scottish performance.

Even England in Paris could be a heck of a challenge after the way the French played at home against you guys.

It’s still all up for grabs.

Are you going to the match?
Tre

Post by Tre »

Micks by 20

Anything less is total failure and makes the Taffs the real winners.

Fact
SerjeantWildgoose

Oh no you don't. The mere memory of Neil Jenkins is enough to shake the pillars of Landsdown Road. His ears are worth 21 points to you before we even start the anthems.

Dai Bandys by 134; anything less vindicates the closure of the pits and Rolland's decision to fire Warburton off the park.

Incontrovertible truth, so it is.
Idle Feck
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

3-3 draw. Rugby the real winner
ALunpg

Post by ALunpg »

Surprisingly the mystical power of Neil Jenkins wind direction finders do not seem to influence the world famous Irish bookies who have Wales as odds on favs to lose .
I take this as a sign of impending doom and retribution on Welsh rugby for all the various usurper like acts of beating your teams on home soil especially those Scarlets who stole victory by cunningly having a man sent off in the pro 12 final.
Ex prop Ex coach still a Welshman and enjoying retirement
SerjeantWildgoose

I'm not quite sure what is sadder. You coming on here and trying to wind us up without being wholly in possession of the facts (It was the semi-final against Leinster where Evans was sent off, you twonk!) or the fact that the impending doom of which you speak is entirely probable (It took the whole 15 man pack of Scarlet stars to truly stuff the shyte out of us in Dublin.)
Idle Feck
normanski

Post by normanski »

I heard Mike Phillips and Matthew Rees had been invited to be ball boys on Saturday to keep the game flowing because of their speed in gathering in-touch balls - do think there is any truth in that rumour?
SerjeantWildgoose

Ah now that's uncalled for! We'd expect the Scots to resort to the underhand to get one over on us, but yous lads are so much better its a disgrace that ye'd have to resort to such skulduggery.
Idle Feck
normanski

Post by normanski »

Skullduggery might be the only way we can squeeze out a win judging how close most recent games have been. You boys lost out last year because your backs had never been taught how to join a rolling maul behind the back foot and the ball. That must have hurt.
SerjeantWildgoose

Having spent the previous 6 hours getting thoroughly lashed in Kiwis, I can honestly say that last year passed me by in a state of hugely vocal anaesthesia.
Idle Feck
SerjeantWildgoose

Idle Feck
normanski

Post by normanski »

Our good news is that Biggar, Faletau and Halfpenny are all ruled fit and were training today.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

This is one game I've been looking forward to - particularly now that Faletau is likely to start.
The men in green will justifiably be the bookies' favourites, but a fiver on Wales would not be a bad bet.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

normanski wrote:Our good news is that Biggar, Faletau and Halfpenny are all ruled fit and were training today.
Isn't Liam Williams fit too? Those selections will make a big difference to Wales. Halfpenny is always likely to boot them to victory.
normanski

Post by normanski »

Spiffy wrote:
normanski wrote:Our good news is that Biggar, Faletau and Halfpenny are all ruled fit and were training today.
Isn't Liam Williams fit too? Those selections will make a big difference to Wales. Halfpenny is always likely to boot them to victory.
Yes he’s fit and on form, scoring a try against Sale at the weekend. Gatland has some big selection decisions now.
mcshinnertheligind

Post by mcshinnertheligind »

Accrington Stanley by 3
Wibble
SerjeantWildgoose

Idle Feck
normanski

Post by normanski »

Congratulations. You dominated for so long you deserved the win.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Well done Ireland. It would have been verging on criminal if we had nicked that game.