Commonwelfs - Golden Crunch 2018

Galfon

Re: Commonwelfs - Golden Crunch 2018

Post by Galfon »

I thought it was impossible to find someone who couldn't ride a bike until he did this - he lost more man points than he ever got with his perm.
James Hunt was bobbins in the Gym on this show I recall but did well in skill events.Stan Bowles was reckless with his pistol. :)
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Looks like it's Mission accomplished for the Gold stars in the table of truths. :?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Galfon wrote:I thought it was impossible to find someone who couldn't ride a bike until he did this - he lost more man points than he ever got with his perm.
James Hunt was bobbins in the Gym on this show I recall but did well in skill events.Stan Bowles was reckless with his pistol. :)
Why did he mash the front brake when approaching a bend on a loose surface? It looks like he lost the front then tried to correct by applying the rear brake.

That's assuming the UK has always had the front brake lever on the right...which has been the case for as long as I can remember.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

qed special K non bike-savvy..he would have instinctively gone for the back brake first..or both for emergy stop.., took a bit of a scrape for sure.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Galfon wrote:I thought it was impossible to find someone who couldn't ride a bike until he did this - he lost more man points than he ever got with his perm.
One of the Squash players, Jahangir Khan or Jonah Barrington, were total murder on the gym tests.
That led to Gareth Edwards really going for it before the Judo guy became dominant.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Canoe fight ?
only 1 winner.. :?
kk67

Post by kk67 »

I'm betting on Miranda Hart. ...... each way.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

kk67 wrote:
One of the Squash players, Jahangir Khan or Jonah Barrington, were total murder on the gym tests.
That led to Gareth Edwards really going for it before the Judo guy became dominant.
Brian Jacks, the king of Superstars, Jiffy was pretty good at the gym tests when they revamped it a few years ago iirc.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Numbers wrote:
kk67 wrote:
Brian Jacks, the king of Superstars, Jiffy was pretty good at the gym tests when they revamped it a few years ago iirc.
Was there a golf challenge...?. I have this memory of Steve Claridge being terrible at everything until the golf.
Suddenly with a 7 iron in his hands he became dead-eyed Dick.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Well done KJT. So good to see her finally fulfilling her potential this season. It’s also good to see another GB heptathlete roll off the production line.
Also, those synchro diving boys....like they were remote controlled.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Mellsblue wrote:Well done KJT. So good to see her finally fulfilling her potential this season.
Piss off,.....she's been fulfilling her talent for many years. You are the twat.
Typical coach bollocks. They really are a bunch of vicarious pricks.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

kk67 wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Well done KJT. So good to see her finally fulfilling her potential this season.
Piss off,.....she's been fulfilling her talent for many years. You are the twat.
How is the hangover?
morepork

Post by morepork »

Mellsblue wrote:
kk67 wrote:
How is the hangover?

Nothing another drink won't fix.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

England win the bronze in the ladies’ hockey. Sophie Bray with a hat trick, the first of which was absolute quality. Anybody who has played the game will know how hard that skill is.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Quietly pleased for the 4x100m relay lads taking gold.
In what has been a disaster on the track for the home nations..... watching Harry A-A getting a gold was pretty special.

That SA fella was arriving like a train.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Mellsblue wrote:
kk67 wrote:
How is the hangover?
Meh...Vod, no sugar.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Christ, that was hard watching the final stages of the men's marathon. Seemed to take an absolute age to get Callum Hawkins some help when he just couldn't continue, and I hope the wanker seen on the live stream taking photos of a athlete in a potentially serious condition feels extremely ashamed of themselves.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

The netball win was the result of the games for England. Superb SF win over Jamaica, and then to follow it up by beating the red hot favourites on their soil was something very special indeed.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

fivepointer wrote:The netball win was the result of the games for England. Superb SF win over Jamaica, and then to follow it up by beating the red hot favourites on their soil was something very special indeed.
Yep. That or the ladies basketball semifinal win. The girls are doing us proud across the board.
onlynameleft

Post by onlynameleft »

Numbers wrote:
kk67 wrote:
Austin Healey won every event when they brought it back for Sports Relief. Say what you like but he was some athlete.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

onlynameleft wrote:
Numbers wrote:
kk67 wrote:
Austin Healey won every event when they brought it back for Sports Relief. Say what you like but he was some athlete.
Good job you mentioned it, as he’s hardly likely to himself!!
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Weird, isn't it..?. Steve Claridge is the most humble bloke to ever play soccer....
and he was just as good as Austin on the pitch.
Some of the assumptions we make about the differences are a bit silly. Anyway, they're both quality pundits.