Ireland Japan

hugh_woatmeigh

Re: Ireland Japan

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:I know you object to me pinning it on Rory, but he is the captain as well as being the most common denominator in in the malfunctioning of our lineout - and has been over a number of years now.

If Rory has a good game, Ireland usually go well. If, as has been increasingly the case of late, he has a mare ore is simply absent, Ireland don’t have the ball to go well with.
Possession was 50/50 iirc. Japan were just a bit more ambitious with theirs. I don't think there were any major differences in turnovers, lineout or scrum success bar that one freak scrum when Japan bulldozed through on your ball.
Eugene Wrayburn

Re: Ireland Japan

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:I know you object to me pinning it on Rory, but he is the captain as well as being the most common denominator in in the malfunctioning of our lineout - and has been over a number of years now.

If Rory has a good game, Ireland usually go well. If, as has been increasingly the case of late, he has a mare ore is simply absent, Ireland don’t have the ball to go well with.
He's the most common denominator because he plays most games. He is not a great thrower. He's probably not our best thrower. But he's also almost certainly not the reason why our line out occasionally goes awol.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

NS. Gone but not forgotten.