Prediction - WC winner

Anything rugby not covered by the other forums.

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

paddy no 11

Prediction - WC winner

Post by paddy no 11 »

One man 1 vote

Paddy no 11 - South Africa
Renniks

Re: Prediction - WC winner

Post by Renniks »

All Blacks. Sadly.
Adder

Post by Adder »

Pool A
1 Scotland
2. Japan

Pool B
1. NZ
2. South Africa

Pool C
1. England
2. France

Pool D
1. Wales
2. Fiji
Wales Vs France : France
Scotland Vs South Africa : SA
Winner : France.

You read it here first

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Puja

Post by Puja »

Pool A
1. Ireland
2. Japan

Pool B
1. South Africa
2. New Zealand

Pool C
1. England
2. France

Pool D
1. Australia
2. Fiji
Australia Vs France : Australia
Japan Vs South Africa : SA
Winner : England

I can dream. We'll probably go out in the first round instead.

Puja
Backist Monk
Adder

Post by Adder »

A bit more likely than my prediction. :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Puja wrote:Pool A
1. Ireland
2. Japan

Pool B
1. South Africa
2. New Zealand

Pool C
1. England
2. France

Pool D
1. Australia
2. Fiji
Australia Vs France : Australia
Japan Vs South Africa : SA
Winner : England

I can dream. We'll probably go out in the first round instead.

Puja
The first round? That would take some doing wouldn’t it?

I guess if Farrell gets caught out with a shoulder charge and cops a ban we might just forfeit the tournament entirely.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Lets say there are 10 teams with a possible chance of winning the tournament......thats being generous

Fiji: 100/1 – Tough group and never been past semi final however, footballing ability gives them a 100/1 shot

Scotland – 100/1 – Brutal QF, selection all over the place, pedestrian scrum half, no depth

Argentina – 50/1 – Destroyed in warm ups, left the makings of a good team at home, outmuscled in tri nations, S14 success not transferrable to international rugby though still a very talented team

Wales 25/1 – Lack depth and primarily ball carriers why is Rob Evans watching on the telly – tough group and think the toll of hard games will impact on them too much to make a final

Ireland 25/1 – 2nd favs for their QF – pedestrian backrow and doubts over half backs....these areas are where world cups are won

France 10/1 – who knows with these guys.....lopez not good enough at 10.......

Australia 8/1 – previous winners, super competitiors maybe coming into a bit of form.....decent half back combinations and have found players who can physically compete at 6/8 which they haven’t had a while. Will as usual defy being rubbish between world cups to turn up and give a decent account of hemselves (Israel Falou being out can only be a good thing) Can get to a final but dont see them having physical capacity to beat the big 3 in a final

England 7/2 – Super chance for the english to collect a 2nd world cup. Picking right people at 9,10,15 gives them a huge chance....really think a bit of onfield leadership when going gets tough and they could win it out........can’t for the life of me understand why spencer isn’t travelling

SA 3/1 – super 6 front rowers – good backrow, Quality half back pairing.......doubts are 12 (distribution) 13 (experience), mapimpi’s defence and willie leroux just not being exceptional. Have players who will light up tournament in the righ positions peter steph, faf de klerk. No doubt they will generate enough quality posession to win the tournament can they take the chances

NZ 5/2 – appear unsettled, franks gone should read have followed, unsure of 6/8, centre combo.....not the strongest squad ever assembled by NZ...favs on history but a toss up between SA, NZ and Eng for me
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I’ve tried to reason this through, but it’s all to complex so fuck it I’m just going with the heart. NZ is the bookies favourite but they are not the team they were in 2015. If we can’t win it, I would like to see a new winner. Realistically this means Ireland or Wales, maybe France. I’m picking Wales just because Ireland always choke in the QFs.

Post by switchskier »

10/1 for France seems very generous. They've got some good players and will be better than in the 6N as the coach gets more time with them, but lack of dynamism in the back row will hurt them. They sit alongside Scotland for me as a team that could spring a surprise but could also not make the QF. No way they string together five quality performances to take the title.
Puja

Post by Puja »

switchskier wrote:10/1 for France seems very generous. They've got some good players and will be better than in the 6N as the coach gets more time with them, but lack of dynamism in the back row will hurt them. They sit alongside Scotland for me as a team that could spring a surprise but could also not make the QF. No way they string together five quality performances to take the title.
I thought that, but they've got a good draw. Come second in Group C and likely play Wales or Australia, which is a winnable game for them. Get through to the semis and anything can happen.

Puja
Backist Monk
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

The french tight 5 just average

Backrow not very dynamic

10 is a mess (as ever)

Teddy thomas probably the best winger in Europe left at home
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

France are 40-1 with real bookies if you fancy a flutter easily the best each way value

Real bookies also give ireland and wales a far better chance than I do
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

paddy no 11 wrote:Lets say there are 10 teams with a possible chance of winning the tournament......thats being generous

Fiji: 100/1 – Tough group and never been past semi final however, footballing ability gives them a 100/1 shot

Scotland – 100/1 – Brutal QF, selection all over the place, pedestrian scrum half, no depth

Argentina – 50/1 – Destroyed in warm ups, left the makings of a good team at home, outmuscled in tri nations, S14 success not transferrable to international rugby though still a very talented team

Wales 25/1 – Lack depth and primarily ball carriers why is Rob Evans watching on the telly – tough group and think the toll of hard games will impact on them too much to make a final

Ireland 25/1 – 2nd favs for their QF – pedestrian backrow and doubts over half backs....these areas are where world cups are won

France 10/1 – who knows with these guys.....lopez not good enough at 10.......

Australia 8/1 – previous winners, super competitiors maybe coming into a bit of form.....decent half back combinations and have found players who can physically compete at 6/8 which they haven’t had a while. Will as usual defy being rubbish between world cups to turn up and give a decent account of hemselves (Israel Falou being out can only be a good thing) Can get to a final but dont see them having physical capacity to beat the big 3 in a final

England 7/2 – Super chance for the english to collect a 2nd world cup. Picking right people at 9,10,15 gives them a huge chance....really think a bit of onfield leadership when going gets tough and they could win it out........can’t for the life of me understand why spencer isn’t travelling

SA 3/1 – super 6 front rowers – good backrow, Quality half back pairing.......doubts are 12 (distribution) 13 (experience), mapimpi’s defence and willie leroux just not being exceptional. Have players who will light up tournament in the righ positions peter steph, faf de klerk. No doubt they will generate enough quality posession to win the tournament can they take the chances

NZ 5/2 – appear unsettled, franks gone should read have followed, unsure of 6/8, centre combo.....not the strongest squad ever assembled by NZ...favs on history but a toss up between SA, NZ and Eng for me
Decent shout here, predicted south Africa outright but pretty sure England win from here
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

paddy no 11 wrote:One man 1 vote

Positively psychic paddy
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

paddy no 11 wrote:

Positively psychic paddy
Other than in the post previous to this when you posted “pretty sure England win from here”
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Mellsblue wrote:
paddy no 11 wrote:

Positively psychic paddy
Other than in the post previous to this when you posted “pretty sure England win from here”
I'm happy with my pre tournament prediction, definitely got final wrong alright