RIP

Doorzetbornandbred

RIP

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

Jean Pierre Bastiat No 8 of the Grand Slam winning French team of 77 has died from a stroke at the age of 71. What a player in what can only be described as one of the most ferocious packs of all time.
francoisfou

Re: RIP

Post by francoisfou »

Doorzetbornandbred wrote:Jean Pierre Bastiat No 8 of the Grand Slam winning French team of 77 has died from a stroke at the age of 71. What a player in what can only be described as one of the most ferocious packs of all time.
At 1m98, he must have been one of the biggest No 8 forwards in world rugby, and with Jean-Pierre Rives and Jean-Claude Skrela as wing forwards they made a formidable backrow.
Doorzetbornandbred

francoisfou wrote:
Doorzetbornandbred wrote:Jean Pierre Bastiat No 8 of the Grand Slam winning French team of 77 has died from a stroke at the age of 71. What a player in what can only be described as one of the most ferocious packs of all time.
At 1m98, he must have been one of the biggest No 8 forwards in world rugby, and with Jean-Pierre Rives and Jean-Claude Skrela as wing forwards they made a formidable backrow.
Outstanding backrow. 1975 onwards I can remember watching rugby with my dad on the TV. That French side was something special. He was a man mountain.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

With your Dad! I had you down for an aul’ fecker like me :)
tigran

Post by tigran »

I did too, was 8..
Memories
Digby

Post by Digby »

Doorzetbornandbred wrote:
francoisfou wrote:
Outstanding backrow. 1975 onwards I can remember watching rugby with my dad on the TV. That French side was something special. He was a man mountain.
Did your dad's legs ruin the picture dangling down from there?
Doorzetbornandbred

Digby wrote:
Doorzetbornandbred wrote:
francoisfou wrote:
Did your dad's legs ruin the picture dangling down from there?
He was stood on top holding the aeriel so he didnt block the screen!