The Mark Orders Memorialised this is the Squad Gatland should now take to France thread

Moderator: Sandydragon

MrK

The Mark Orders Memorialised this is the Squad Gatland should now take to France thread

Post by MrK »

A bit previous I know

Gatlands saying a 19/14 split and 4 centres

Im going with
Thomas, Smith, Domachowski
Lake, Dee, Elias (- Parry if not fit, although Id have Parry ahead of Elias in my squad (it would have been ahead of Dee but he impressed me last week)
Francis, Thomas, Lewis
Rowlands, Beard, Jenkins, Davies (Im putting money on him having a big game Sat)
Lydiate, Wainwright, Reffell, Morgan, Faletau, Plumtree

Williams, Hardy, Davies
Biggar, Anscombe, O Williams (- as can cover IC also)
Tompkins, North, Grady, J Williams (- LLewelyn if not fit)
Adams, LRZ, L Williams, Dyer (- but maybe 1/2p instead of Dyer if he considers North/ Grady as wing cover)
pompey-zebra

Re: The Mark Orders Memorialised this is the Squad Gatland should now take to France thread

Post by pompey-zebra »

Dont think you'll be far off there. Fitness to a few ( anscombe, j Williams etc) might be the deciding factor. I like the balance you've got with that side- plenty of versatility but not by compromising ability for it.
I wouldnt be unhappy if that squad went to France.
Sourdust

Re: The Mark Orders Memorialised this is the Squad Gatland should now take to France thread

Post by Sourdust »

I'm frustrated that K Williams hasn't been given a chance; even if he beats England single-handedly on Saturday it's probably too late.

There seems to be a growing feeling - which I share - that Dyer won't make it.

I agree re: hookers but that's probably my Os bias showing. TBH my first choice 2 is Dewi Lake, and my second choice would be Dewi Lake... if the Sherriff was fit he might make third, but otherwise it's probably Dewi Lake.
pompey-zebra

Post by pompey-zebra »

Sourdust wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:04 pm I'm frustrated that K Williams hasn't been given a chance; even if he beats England single-handedly on Saturday it's probably too late.

There seems to be a growing feeling - which I share - that Dyer won't make it.

I agree re: hookers but that's probably my Os bias showing. TBH my first choice 2 is Dewi Lake, and my second choice would be Dewi Lake... if the Sherriff was fit he might make third, but otherwise it's probably Dewi Lake.
Yes, it's a shame KW didnt get a chance in one of the earlier squads he was in. He'll have to have an amazing impact off the bench if he's to force his way on, but at least he'll have a chance at last.

I'm not sure Dyer did enough in the first test to secure a place, and assuming cuthbert will start against SA if fit, then his opportunity may already have gone.

As for hooker, have you considered Dewi Lake?
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Whether it's premature or immature, here's mine:

Lake, Dee, Elias
Francis, Thomas, Lewis
Rowlands, Beard, Jenkins
, Davies

Williams, Hardy, Davies
Biggar, Anscombe
, O Williams
Tompkins, North, J Williams, K Williams
Adams, LRZ, L Williams, Grady

Barring dramatic new info I'm fairly happy to send those in bold. The others I'd like to see some more of.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:02 am Whether it's premature or immature, here's mine:

Lake, Dee, Elias
Francis, Thomas, Lewis
Rowlands, Beard, Jenkins
, Davies

Williams, Hardy, Davies
Biggar, Anscombe
, O Williams

Barring dramatic new info I'm fairly happy to send those in bold. The others I'd like to see some more of.
That's the squad I would pick from what we have seen so far, barring Kieron Williams, you've picked 3 12s in essence (tho Tompkins can play 13 also), I'd have Grady in as one of the 13s and either Dyer or Cuthbert added to the outside backs.
MrK

Post by MrK »

Numbers wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:53 am
That's the squad I would pick from what we have seen so far, barring Kieron Williams, you've picked 3 12s in essence (tho Tompkins can play 13 also), I'd have Grady in as one of the 13s and either Dyer or Cuthbert added to the outside backs.
So my initial post?
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Numbers wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:53 am
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:02 am Whether it's premature or immature, here's mine:

Lake, Dee, Elias
Francis, Thomas, Lewis
Rowlands, Beard, Jenkins
, Davies

Williams, Hardy, Davies
Biggar, Anscombe
, O Williams

Yeah, Grady's in there, whether he's in the centres or the back three, he's available for both, like North.

Anyway, there's more to be seen . . . will Keiran get game time, will Johnny be fit, will there be any new injuries, will Roberts or Rogers have a moment of genius . . .
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

pompey-zebra wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:55 pm
As for hooker, have you considered Dewi Lake?
Don't know much about him - any good?
Graigwen

Post by Graigwen »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:04 pm
Yeah, Grady's in there, whether he's in the centres or the back three, he's available for both, like North.

Anyway, there's more to be seen . . .
That would be the back three of the scrum for Grady and North I suppose....