Dragons Optimism Meter

Moderator: Sandydragon

newgalesurf

Dragons Optimism Meter

Post by newgalesurf »

This is the earliest my optimism meter has climbed to the top for the Dragons next season - old one has not even finished yet. So many feelgood stories already:

- Long extensions of quality players (Wainwright, Basham, O'Brien, Basham, Screech, etc)
- New signings announced (Lewis-Hughes, Cummins, Harry Wilson, Funaki, Hollis even though short term, etc.)
- Filo Tiatia as defense coach
- Business side moving towards being settled

I am going to enjoy this ride until the WRU review (and next season reality) brings it all crashing down
Sandydragon

Re: Dragons Optimism Meter

Post by Sandydragon »

newgalesurf wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:29 pm This is the earliest my optimism meter has climbed to the top for the Dragons next season - old one has not even finished yet. So many feelgood stories already:

- Long extensions of quality players (Wainwright, Basham, O'Brien, Basham, Screech, etc)
- New signings announced (Lewis-Hughes, Cummins, Harry Wilson, Funaki, Hollis even though short term, etc.)
- Filo Tiatia as defense coach
- Business side moving towards being settled

I am going to enjoy this ride until the WRU review (and next season reality) brings it all crashing down
I’m struggling to handle this. As a dragons fan it’s been a hard road for far too long. Thera some good signings there plus Tiatia as a coach (who apparently has done well in Japan). I’d like to see some front row players but this is the most positive pre pre-season I can remember for a long time.
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Even I started getting optimistic for the Dragons tonight. Not for the full 80 though.
newgalesurf

Post by newgalesurf »

Don't get many Dragons games on TV over here. The text updates on the BBC site did have that effect. Until the yellow card and it all went wrong
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

We have so little strength in depth that the subs bench usually kills us