Saracens vs Sale - Sat 3.05pm

Moderator: Puja

Puja

Saracens vs Sale - Sat 3.05pm

Post by Puja »

Saracens: 15 Elliot Daly, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Lucio Cinti, 12 Nick Tompkins, 11 Tom Parton, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Tom Willis, 7 Ben Earl, 6 Juan Martin Gonzalez, 5 Hugh Tizard, 4 Maro Itoje, 3 Christian Judge, 2 Jamie George, 1 Mako Vunipola
Replacements: 16 Theo Dan, 17 Eroni Mawi, 18 Marco Riccioni, 19 Nick Isiekwe, 20 Theo McFarland, 21 Billy Vunipola, 22 Aled Davies, 23 Alex Goode

Sale: 15 Joe Carpenter, 14 Tom Roebuck, 13 Rob du Preez, 12 Manu Tuilagi, 11 Tom O’Flaherty, 10 George Ford, 9 Gus Warr, 8 JL du Preez, 7 Sam Dugdale, 6 Ben Curry (c), 5 Hyron Andrews, 4 Cobus Wiese, 3 James Harper, 2 Luke Cowan-Dickie, 1 Bevan Rodd
Replacements: 16 Tommy Taylor, 17 Si McIntyre, 18 WillGriff John, 19 Ben Bamber, 20 Ernst van Rhyn, 21 Raffi Quirke, 22 Sam James, 23 Arron Reed

Venue: StoneX Stadium
Kick-off: 15:05 BST (14:05 GMT)
Referee: Luke Pearce
Assistant Referees: Jack Makepeace, Simon Harding
TMO: David Rose
Backist Monk
Puja

Re: Saracens vs Sale - Sat 3.05pm

Post by Puja »

Saracens in "not giving a single shit about Maro Itoje being overplayed" shocker.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:21 pm Saracens in "not giving a single shit about Maro Itoje being overplayed" shocker.

Puja
From world cup warm ups to include this one. 29 games. 15 Sarries and 14 England.

Now like Sarries are short either what with their 6-2 bench split.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

ffs 3 minutes....no rugby
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

ford having a lionel
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

watching the wrong game :)
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

apt but sad for manu
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

sarries wide defence shambles
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Also their scrum. There for the taking today
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Interesting call
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Sale very good. Odd way for a lot of sarries big guns to leave their home pitch for the last time.
Puja

Post by Puja »

How was Owen Farrell ever England captain? I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game because I was watching the Bristol v Quins one for the majority, but the way he spoke to the referee was utterly appalling.

Asked the referee to go to the TMO about a nothing marginal forward pass and, when he was turned down, said, "Unbelievable. You've checked everything in this game. You've checked *everything* in this game," before walking away shaking his head saying, "It was forward a mile. An absolute mile."

Then from the next scrum, Quirke challenges for the ball, and probably does make a marginal knock on, but when Farrell appeals for it with a confused Tucker Carlson face and is told the ref's not giving it, he walks away muttering, "Fucking hell, that is so bad." Then when the replay is shown and the ref still reaffirms that he doesn't think it's a knock on, Farrell laughs at him and says, "What's the TMO for then?"

Brown just got banned for less disrespect than that, but Farrell appears to have a licence to be rude and churlish to referees without punishment. Very glad he's off to France and out of the English game - good riddance.

Puja
Backist Monk
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Puja wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:13 pm How was Owen Farrell ever England captain? I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game because I was watching the Bristol v Quins one for the majority, but the way he spoke to the referee was utterly appalling.

Asked the referee to go to the TMO about a nothing marginal forward pass and, when he was turned down, said, "Unbelievable. You've checked everything in this game. You've checked *everything* in this game," before walking away shaking his head saying, "It was forward a mile. An absolute mile."

Then from the next scrum, Quirke challenges for the ball, and probably does make a marginal knock on, but when Farrell appeals for it with a confused Tucker Carlson face and is told the ref's not giving it, he walks away muttering, "Fucking hell, that is so bad." Then when the replay is shown and the ref still reaffirms that he doesn't think it's a knock on, Farrell laughs at him and says, "What's the TMO for then?"

Brown just got banned for less disrespect than that, but Farrell appears to have a licence to be rude and churlish to referees without punishment. Very glad he's off to France and out of the English game - good riddance.

Puja
Just say what you mean, Puja. Lots of heads will be nodding in agreement.
Last edited by Oakboy on Sun May 19, 2024 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Apart from the snotty attitude, Faz again showed he has little to offer in attack.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Spiffy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:06 pm Apart from the snotty attitude, Faz again showed he has little to offer in attack.
Yeah, unless given an armchair he’s pedestrian. Even then, just a lollipop man. Such average talent, but it’s the competitive edge/whining that appeals apparently
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

I've been thinking that the best outcome of yesterday's results is no artificial pitches for the SFs. Am I the only one that hates them?
Captainhaircut

Post by Captainhaircut »

Farrell’s performance yesterday was bizarre. He wasn’t bad in his usual ways (goalkicking like a drain, throwing intercepts, tackling like an idiot, passing to the floor of his left).

He just threw endless short hospital passes for his teammates to get murdered and knocked the ball on I think 5 times.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 am I've been thinking that the best outcome of yesterday's results is no artificial pitches for the SFs. Am I the only one that hates them?
nope, most players hate them too. I believe the RFU are looking at ways to get rid of the older ones.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Puja wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:13 pm How was Owen Farrell ever England captain? I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game because I was watching the Bristol v Quins one for the majority, but the way he spoke to the referee was utterly appalling.

Puja
Havent seen it but it sounds typical of the way Farrell behaves.

Afraid he's been given far too much latitude and thinks hes above being in any way polite and respectful towards officials.

I'm not sorry to see the back of him in the Premiership either.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Banquo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:00 am
Oakboy wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 am I've been thinking that the best outcome of yesterday's results is no artificial pitches for the SFs. Am I the only one that hates them?
nope, most players hate them too. I believe the RFU are looking at ways to get rid of the older ones.
I don't see the need when good quality hybrid pitches provide grass that's doesn't cut up in bad weather.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

fivepointer wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 am

Puja
Havent seen it but it sounds typical of the way Farrell behaves.

Afraid he's been given far too much latitude and thinks hes above being in any way polite and respectful towards officials.

I'm not sorry to see the back of him in the Premiership either.
I wonder if Earl and Itoje will improve their attitude next season with Farrell gone. Dropping the fist pumps for winning free kicks/penalties would be a decent starting gesture.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

It winds up the opposition and it seems to do something for Sarries as a team. Why would they?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

FKAS wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:39 am
Banquo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:00 am
I don't see the need when good quality hybrid pitches provide grass that's doesn't cut up in bad weather.
Yup, there’s just a fair few poor artificial ones already out there that are frankly on the dangerous side. On the other hand, we’ve done a lot of work on drainage at our ground but have lost a few Sunday m and y because of flooding.
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Proper pantomime crowd watching that on Saturday. I don’t remember Sarries fans being that awful. Fairly awful, granted, but they were embarrassing on Saturday.