Tigers Vs Chiefs - Sat 3.05pm

Moderator: Puja

Puja

Re: Tigers Vs Chiefs - Sat 3.05pm

Post by Puja »

Hey, look at that! I was right - that doesn't happen very often:

Potential the ban could go further, as the IRB could argue that Wiese would not have been selected for the Wales game as it's outside the international window and he wouldn't've been released.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

As Jasper is effectively without a club until one's announced that might be a hard argument from the IRB. I'd imagine Tigers would help him out with a letter saying he's free to play as his deal ends 8 days later and it makes no difference to them.
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:37 am As Jasper is effectively without a club until one's announced that might be a hard argument from the IRB. I'd imagine Tigers would help him out with a letter saying he's free to play as his deal ends 8 days later and it makes no difference to them.
But are we allowed to under the collective bargaining agreements? I thought it was no exceptions.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:11 am
FKAS wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:37 am As Jasper is effectively without a club until one's announced that might be a hard argument from the IRB. I'd imagine Tigers would help him out with a letter saying he's free to play as his deal ends 8 days later and it makes no difference to them.
But are we allowed to under the collective bargaining agreements? I thought it was no exceptions.

Puja
Agree to an early termination of his contract then with a pay off of exactly 9 days with his contract finishing on the 21st.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

I thought the PRL only came down hard on release of players during the season as that's when the main arguments with the RFU were and it weakens the Prem product whilst boosting a foreign union.
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:30 am

Puja
Agree to an early termination of his contract then with a pay off of exactly 9 days with his contract finishing on the 21st.
I suppose. I won't say I'm particularly well-inclined towards South Africa, given the incessant whining of their fans/press/coaches about how unfairly their team is treated and how everyone's out to get them, so I'm not in the mood to consider ways to help, but I'd imagine Leicester will be keen to keep good relations considering we'll have Pollard and Roos going forwards.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Puja wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:19 am

Puja
we'll have Pollard and Roos going forwards.

Puja
They might be going backwards without Wiese’s ball carrying in the team.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja
I suppose. I won't say I'm particularly well-inclined towards South Africa, given the incessant whining of their fans/press/coaches about how unfairly their team is treated and how everyone's out to get them, so I'm not in the mood to consider ways to help, but I'd imagine Leicester will be keen to keep good relations considering we'll have Pollard and Roos going forwards.

Puja
Roos? Wait, what. Have I missed an announcement?
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:55 pm

Puja
Roos? Wait, what. Have I missed an announcement?
Sorry, not Roos. Didn't mean to get your hopes up! I meant Corne Beets - hopefully will grow to become as good as Roos, but not quite the same calibre of signing just yet.

Puja
Backist Monk