National Frotteuring Championships

SerjeantWildgoose

National Frotteuring Championships

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

http://www.independent.ie/business/farm ... 72373.html

'Farmers were rubbing up against me' - RTÉ's Sinead Kennedy

Published
23/09/2016 | 02:30

It's not every day you get the chance to get up-close-and-personal with the presenter of Ireland's biggest game show.

But RTÉ's 'Winning Streak' presenter Sinead Kennedy said she got more than she bargained for after making her debut at the National Ploughing Championships.

It seems some opportunistic farmers mistook her for a lucky charm during her visit to the event, believing she could increase their chances of getting onto the game show.

"People were rubbing up against me. They were going, 'I'll have a rub off you now'. Or someone brought up a scratch card and went, 'Rub that'. I was like, 'I've never won anything in my life, that's a waste of time'," she said.

The Cork presenter also got a few ungallant remarks from members of the public, with one gentleman commenting on her weight, despite her being a petite size eight.

"One guy decided to tell me, 'You're far less fat in reality'. That's exactly how he worded it. I just burst out laughing, What do you even do with that?" she said.

"There was a whole queue of people standing there staring at him and he walked off, delighted with himself.

"I think he thought he gave me a compliment, which in a way he did, but it was like, 'You're actually thinner in real life', but he didn't word it like that."

'Winning Streak' returns to RTÉ One tomorrow.
Idle Feck
Stones of granite

Re: National Frotteuring Championships

Post by Stones of granite »

I always thought that "you're less fat in reality" was one of the more successful chat-up lines. It's up there with "you don't sweat much for a fat bird", and "your arse look less huge in that dress".
SerjeantWildgoose

'You don't smell nearly as rank as your sister', was always one of my favourites.
Idle Feck
Stones of granite

Post by Stones of granite »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:'You don't smell nearly as rank as your sister', was always one of my favourites.
Waaaay better than "you don't smell nearly as rank as your mum"
SerjeantWildgoose

Especially if you're her dad!!!!
Idle Feck
BBD
Site Admin

Post by BBD »

A gloveful of excuses