Irish 4th Try vs Italy

UKHamlet
Site Admin

Irish 4th Try vs Italy

Post by UKHamlet »

Try of the tournament so far. It was everything I love about our game.
Renniks

Re: Irish 4th Try vs Italy

Post by Renniks »

It was quite spectacular, loved Trimbles support line, was offering himself for multiple passes before he got the ball.

Was quite worried by the amount of space McFadden was taking to get to the line!
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

Yes it was and that's the highlight that you need to sell the game. I was watching with some Kenyans and that was the moment when these football obsessed guys got excited.

Mind you, you so have to wonder why they didn't cut loose earlier in the tournament.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

switchskier wrote:Yes it was and that's the highlight that you need to sell the game. I was watching with some Kenyans and that was the moment when these football obsessed guys got excited.

Mind you, you so have to wonder why they didn't cut loose earlier in the tournament.
Forbidden by the coach.
Eugene Wrayburn

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

Spiffy wrote:
switchskier wrote:Yes it was and that's the highlight that you need to sell the game. I was watching with some Kenyans and that was the moment when these football obsessed guys got excited.

Forbidden by the coach.
Sorry but this is obviously nonsense.

We've been building. We've not had the quality of ball that we got against Italy and were up against better defences. The real issue has been that we've been terribly inaccurate handling the ball dropping it regularly. Part of that is down to the standard of the defence and part of it is down to us just being much more poor.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

NS. Gone but not forgotten.
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

Eugene Wrayburn wrote:
Spiffy wrote:

Forbidden by the coach.
Sorry but this is obviously nonsense.

We've been building. We've not had the quality of ball that we got against Italy and were up against better defences. The real issue has been that we've been terribly inaccurate handling the ball dropping it regularly. Part of that is down to the standard of the defence and part of it is down to us just being much more poor.
Eh? Nonsense? Moi?
mcshinnertheligind

Post by mcshinnertheligind »

Was a thing of beauty
Wibble
Peat

Post by Peat »

They're not good enough to play like that against non-Italian teams.

Well... 95pc of the time they're not good enough to play like that against non-Italian teams.