2019 World Cup - are you going?

Anything rugby not covered by the other forums.

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

Bloggs

2019 World Cup - are you going?

Post by Bloggs »

I’m currently in the process of planning my first ever trip to Japan to go for the 2019 World Cup. Trip of a lifetime stuff for me!

Is anyone else thinking of going? Thought this may be a good thread for those who are to share things they find out and ask questions.

I’m planning on going for 3 weekends worth of pool games, taking in 2 weekends in Tokyo, 1 in Yokohama with the weeks between in Osaka (visiting Kyoto, Kobe) and then 1 week in Kyushu, taking in wales v Fiji too

Definite games I want to see are wales v Australia, Georgia v Fiji, South Africa v Italy, englsnd v Argentina, wales v Fiji, England v France and Japan v Scotland

Should be an amazing tournament!
Sandydragon

Re: 2019 World Cup - are you going?

Post by Sandydragon »

I'm moderately jealous. Always wanted to go to Japan, but with Sandy Junior eating my income its going to be a few years yet.
rowan

Post by rowan »

Rugby's international governing body said Tuesday it has received nearly 900,000 applications from fans in more than 100 countries for tickets to the 2019 World Cup in Japan.

In a press release on its website, World Rugby said demand significantly exceeded supply for the first round of allocations, with 864,000 applications received and 300,000 tickets allocated so far.

Unsuccessful applicants for the initial phase will have further chances to apply for tickets in 2018 and 2019, World Rugby said.

"This strong demand for tickets reflects the excitement that we are feeling the length and breadth of Japan," World Cup organizing committee CEO Akira Shimazu said.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018 ... ckets.html
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

This one will probably be a rare miss for me. I did 2008 and 2011 fairly comprehensively and went to matches in 1987 and 2015 as well.

I am keeping a very close eye out for Legitimate Business Reasons to be in Japan at the relevant time, of course.
rowan

Post by rowan »

I won't be there. I was giving serious consideration to attending the 2023 event had it been awarded to SA as my dream as a kid had always been to follow an All Blacks rugby tour to South Africa, but since those have fallen by the wayside a World Cup seems like the next best option. But it's in France again, and that doesn't interest me at all.
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?