Smoke and fire

Banquo

Smoke and fire

Post by Banquo »

Obviously if the allegations are true, he shouldn't be in the role.....but he's a big loss to British cycling imo, given his achievements

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/36153485
cymroo

Re: Smoke and fire

Post by cymroo »

am i reading it right - discrimination in favour of elite cyclists?

one would have thought that to be the whole point of his job.
bruce

Post by bruce »

If you look at the accusers, I'll think you'll find most if not all have either chips on their shoulders from being dropped for not being good enough. Then you've got Victoria Pendleton who is singularly the most over emotional person to sit on a bike.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

bruce wrote:If you look at the accusers, I'll think you'll find most if not all have either chips on their shoulders from being dropped for not being good enough. Then you've got Victoria Pendleton who is singularly the most over emotional person to sit on a bike.
it did occur to me! But the accusations of comments about para-riders is pretty damning....as I said IF true. He's a big loss, whatever the rights and wrongs. Send for Brailsford.

I now see a little queue has formed to have a go at him...seemingly made up of folks he either didn't select or had fallen out with him in some way; hard nosed guy clearly.

But this is a bit of a disaster all round for the cycling team, who will need to be at their absolute best to get anything like the success of 2012. Shame.