Discussions on trans issues

Sandydragon

Discussions on trans issues

Post by Sandydragon »

Everyone please note.

Following recent disagreements about various trans issues, UK Hamlet has made a decision that discussions on this topic are unsuitable for this board. Therefore with immediate effect:

Any new posts related to trans issues will be deleted by a moderator
Any poster writing about trans issues will be asked to cease. If they ignore a moderators warning they risk a ban.

Anyone who writes anything which is inciting hatred against any group will be banned.

We have discussed many contentious issues on this board, but this is one where there are implacable views between different people and where discussion is likely to lead to behaviour that infringes the boards rules.

Thank you
Zhivago

Re: Discussions on trans issues

Post by Zhivago »

Wise decision.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Sandydragon wrote: Anyone who writes anything which is inciting hatred against any group will be banned.
Even the English?
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Hmm, I think we could have kept it civil . . . but, okay, noted.
Zhivago

Post by Zhivago »

Mellsblue wrote:
Sandydragon wrote: Anyone who writes anything which is inciting hatred against any group will be banned.
Even the English?
No, the English will never be banned.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Mellsblue wrote:
Even the English?
Always an exception :D
Stom

Post by Stom »

A good decision as you cannot possibly get people to understand basic humanity in today's world, it seems.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Seems like a shame but I can understand it. I think putting the whole category of anyone who has doubts, disagreements or just confusion under the banner of being too thick to understand “basic humanity” is unhelpful and condescending, but it’s a fair representation of how easily these discussions devolve.

I think there genuinely is something to be had from these conversations, because there is a ton of misinformation out there, but I can’t imagine the politics thread on a rugby forum is the place that will set the world back on its correct course.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:Seems like a shame but I can understand it. I think putting the whole category of anyone who has doubts, disagreements or just confusion under the banner of being too thick to understand “basic humanity” is unhelpful and condescending, but it’s a fair representation of how easily these discussions devolve.

I think there genuinely is something to be had from these conversations, because there is a ton of misinformation out there, but I can’t imagine the politics thread on a rugby forum is the place that will set the world back on its correct course.
Agreed on all counts.