Sun 12 March, Scotland v Ireland (3pm) BBC

Round 5
Sat 18 March, Scotland v Italy (12.30pm) BBC
Sat 18 March, France v Wales (2.45pm) ITV
Sat 18 March, Ireland v England (5pm) ITV
Son of Mathonwy

Re: 6N TV Schedule

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

I was gonna say, tough first three rounds for us, then I remembered we're gonna banana-skin the Irish grand slam at 2:15 on day one.

Damn the Ospreys for getting my hopes up!
normanski

Post by normanski »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:39 pm I was gonna say, tough first three rounds for us, then I remembered we're gonna banana-skin the Irish grand slam at 2:15 on day one.

Damn the Ospreys for getting my hopes up!
I think that forecast is a real possibility. Remember how quickly Wales slipped down the rating after being number one in the world.

Ireland don’t sit well as favourites and never do well in the RWC. I think we’ll see their decline start in Round 1 in Cardiff.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

I suspect that in the next few weeks, Gatland will either be deified by the Welsh public, or there will be a lynch mob wanting to bring back Privac. The likelihood is that we will be much more competitive but I'm not expecting miracles from this competition.
pompey-zebra

Post by pompey-zebra »

Sandydragon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:41 pm I suspect that in the next few weeks, Gatland will either be deified by the Welsh public, or there will be a lynch mob wanting to bring back Privac. The likelihood is that we will be much more competitive but I'm not expecting miracles from this competition.
I dont think much will adversely affect Gatland's standing with the welsh supporters this 6 nations. If we dont do great, most would understand that he's had little time to work with the team, and if we do well, it's more fuel to the gatland legend. After the last year, just some clarity in selection and tactic would be welcome. That might be all we could reasonably expect this time, and might even be enough to get us up the table.
pompey-zebra

Post by pompey-zebra »

And I forgot to add belief. If there's one thing he did before was help.the players believe they were good enough. A bit more of that won't harm!
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

pompey-zebra wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:56 pm
I dont think much will adversely affect Gatland's standing with the welsh supporters this 6 nations. If we dont do great, most would understand that he's had little time to work with the team, and if we do well, it's more fuel to the gatland legend.
That's presumably his thinking. Wales would probably do at least no worse than last year with no coach at all. Any improvement, even a very modest one, will be lauded.
Son of Mathonwy

Sourdust wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:00 pm
I dont think much will adversely affect Gatland's standing with the welsh supporters this 6 nations. If we dont do great, most would understand that he's had little time to work with the team, and if we do well, it's more fuel to the gatland legend.
That's presumably his thinking. Wales would probably do at least no worse than last year with no coach at all. Any improvement, even a very modest one, will be lauded.
Well he's certainly doing worse than last year so far. We'll have a much clearer idea of the trajectory in a few hours.

(Pre-match confidence is kicking in for me though, surely we can win this?).
Son of Mathonwy

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:21 am
Sourdust wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:00 pm
Well he's certainly doing worse than last year so far. We'll have a much clearer idea of the trajectory in a few hours.

(Pre-match confidence is kicking in for me though, surely we can win this?).
I'm not getting any pre-match confidence this time. Not that that's a guide to anything, as seen last time :shock: .

Last bumped by UKHamlet on Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:22 pm.