RIP Tony Cozier

Banquo

RIP Tony Cozier

Post by Banquo »

Great commentator- evocative voice, very knowledgeable and humble
fivepointer

Re: RIP Tony Cozier

Post by fivepointer »

Just heard on the radio. Sad passing indeed.

The voice of WI cricket for as long as i've watched and listened to the sport.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Fitted into the TMS vibe greatly at a time when the Windies were pasting everyone - especially Eng.
Bajan drawl always easy on the ear - with Benaud last year & Bannister earlier this year, sad losses all round.
RIP.
Doorzetbornandbred

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

One of the greatest sports commentators, up there with Benaud and McLaren imo. Its like part of my youth has gone, many summer hours spent listening to Tony waxing lyrically on another fine bowling or batting display by the mighty Windies in the 70's onwards. Also wasn't afraid to voice his opinion if a player wasn't performing.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Sad. You wonder who the kids of today will view in the same light in 30 years' time.

The endless parade of ex-players and national cheerleaders that broadcasters of all nationalities seem to prefer seems unlikely to throw up any real legends.

Maybe it's just time for my grandpa nap, but I don't see, say, Danny Morrison maturing into a thoughtful and informative spokesman for the game any time soon.

Personally, rather than ex-players, I reckon ex-video analysts would be great commentators. After all, they used to watch the game professionally not merely play it.